A.P Dillon on Social Media
Got PayPal? Donate Today!
Donate Other Ways
Got News? Get the Newsletter.
LATEST LL1885 POSTS
- Supt. Candidate forum highlights divide between support for systems versus students
- Orange County Schools “Equity” resolution includes Black Lives Matter
- NCAE President promotes “Pledge to Participate” in Black Lives Matter at School “Year of Purpose”
- Records request reveals ‘Whiteness in Ed Spaces,” “Affinity groups” at WCPSS EdCamp Equity
- Orange Public Schools Equity Dept. email details segregated “Affinity Spaces”
- Former Mecklenburg County Day School teacher sentenced in child porn case
- Iredell teacher arrested on indecent liberties charge
ARCHIVES BY CATEGORY
Tag Archives: Lindalyn Kakadelis
The North Carolina End of Course (EOC) or End of Grade (EOG) results have been reported. The media has done it’s best to ignore that the scoring system was changed from last year to this year, making comparison of the scores impossible.
Remember, the scores for the first year under Common Core were at horrifying 37.3% drop state-wide. Factor in the hot mess that Read To Achieve is becoming and one can see why they wanted to pad the scoring system.
Related Read: NC State Superintendent Spins Changing Testing Scoring System (Video)
Lindalyn Kakadelis of John Locke Foundation has dug into the scores and cobbled together a comparison as best as can be done, given the way the scoring was changed. Kakadelis looks at the overall 3rd through 8th grade reading and math scores. The changes in achievement levels went from a scale of four to a scale of five this year. Even with the change, the scores in reading and math only improved .8%. Hooray for high reaching Common Core?
KEEP READING… Continue reading