A.P Dillon on Social Media
Got PayPal? Donate Today!
Donate with Venmo
Donate Other Ways
Got News? Get the Newsletter.
LATEST LL1885 POSTS
- NCAE letter to Gov. Cooper asks for “significant executive action” to curb COVID-19 spread
- Iredell High School teacher charged with taking Indecent Liberties
- BLM co-founder edited out of WCPSS’ Office of Equity Affairs BLM themed site, but…
- Parent sues Iredell-Statesville schools over special needs son’s alleged assault by teacher
- Chapel Hill Middle School charged with forcible sex offense
- NCAE strangely silent on teacher turnover report
- Alexander County Public School custodian used camera to peep in school staff bathroom
ARCHIVES BY CATEGORY
Donate with PayPal
Tag Archives: Jon Schnur
Yesterday, I started talking about a Common Core non-profit focused currently on teachers and training. That non-profit is called Hope Street Group.
I realized right out of the gate that Hope Street Group was going to be a multi-article project I’d have to break into chunks. So, today we’re going to take a look at the history, the players involved and follow the money… Continue reading
Previously, we discovered that the top Education aide to Governor McCrory is a hardcore pro-Common Core who seems to have attempted to hide his party affiliation as being Democrat. Read: McCrory’s Democrat Common Core Advisors
That aide is named Eric Guckian and he was brought on to McCrory’s staff in May of 2013. Previously, he was Executive Director for New Leaders Inc and Teach For America-North Carolina. Guckian was also Director of Strategic Partnerships for the North Carolina New Schools Project, a consultant to the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation and leading a strategic planning effort for KIPP. All of the groups in Guckian’s past are very pro-Common Core and have been well-financed to push it.
So how did a Common Core pushing Democrat like Guckian come to be education advisor to McCrory? Continue reading