A.P Dillon on Social Media
Got PayPal? Donate Today!
Donate Other Ways
Got News? Get the Newsletter.
LATEST LL1885 POSTS
- WCPSS Office of Equity Affairs “Call to Action” includes more White Privilege training, SPLC Social Justice Standards
- NC teacher license discipline page updated after seven months
- Statutory Rape charges against Orange County teacher dropped
- #WCPSS Updates: Busing issues on fire, literally. Also, brace for reassignment.
- Orange County Teacher arrested on 30 year old child rape charges
- $1 million bond issued to Gaston County Assistant Principal accused of sex crimes with a student
- WCPSS says “no complaints” over school mural of controversial climate kid Thunberg and rapper “Lil Nas X”
ARCHIVES BY CATEGORY
Tag Archives: Jon Schnur
Yesterday, I started talking about a Common Core non-profit focused currently on teachers and training. That non-profit is called Hope Street Group.
I realized right out of the gate that Hope Street Group was going to be a multi-article project I’d have to break into chunks. So, today we’re going to take a look at the history, the players involved and follow the money… Continue reading
Previously, we discovered that the top Education aide to Governor McCrory is a hardcore pro-Common Core who seems to have attempted to hide his party affiliation as being Democrat. Read: McCrory’s Democrat Common Core Advisors
That aide is named Eric Guckian and he was brought on to McCrory’s staff in May of 2013. Previously, he was Executive Director for New Leaders Inc and Teach For America-North Carolina. Guckian was also Director of Strategic Partnerships for the North Carolina New Schools Project, a consultant to the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation and leading a strategic planning effort for KIPP. All of the groups in Guckian’s past are very pro-Common Core and have been well-financed to push it.
So how did a Common Core pushing Democrat like Guckian come to be education advisor to McCrory? Continue reading