A.P Dillon on Social Media
Got PayPal? Donate Today!
Donate Other Ways
Got News? Get the Newsletter.
LATEST LL1885 POSTS
- Wake County School Board Race Candidate List; 4 out of 9 seats unchallenged
- NC State Board of Ed hold on Social Studies changes, will include Social Justice and Racial Issue
- Wake County teacher arrested on multiple counts of sexual misconduct with 5 minors
- Two Duplin County teachers charged with sex crimes involving students
- Stanly County teacher charged with indecent liberties involving a student
- WCPSS’s Office of Equity Affairs rolls out Black Lives Matter website
- Take Back Wake: Filing begins today for all 9 WCPSS School Board seats
ARCHIVES BY CATEGORY
Tag Archives: John Hood
Last month the NC Public School Forum hosted an event called ‘Eggs and Issues’, which covered education topics.
NC SPIN did a special taping of the event.
Common Core conversation started around the 22:30 mark…. Continue reading
NC Spin is apparently doing a live taping of this event and the line-up including Academic Standards Review Commission Co-Chair, Andre Peek. Also in the mix are Rep. Horn and John Hood of John Locke Foundation, both of whom are involved with BEST NC’s “2020 Vision Initiative”.
Parents who can attend this should do so.
2015 Eggs & Issues Breakfast
Hosted by NC Public Schools Forum
KEEP READING…. Continue reading
Have you read John Hood’s latest article on Education?
I didn’t intend to pick a fight with this article, but I guess I might have. I’ll say that this frustration here isn’t rooted in actions by Democrats, but by those considered allies until now.
It is getting very tiresome for conservatives in North Carolina to have a super-majority in this state, yet be constantly fishing knives out of our backs. Continue reading
Of course everyone wants high standards. This is why we oppose Common Core.
“The biggest fallacy of the Common Core standards is that they have been sold to the nation without any evidence that they will accomplish what their boosters claim.” – Diane Ravitch
All due respect to John Locke Foundation’s President, John Hood, but his latest article on Common Core is really a rather depressing pat on the back to the English Language standards and likely setting ablaze the hair of parents like me reading it. The rest of the article kind of hangs on this premise in this paragraph: Continue reading