A.P Dillon on Social Media
Got PayPal? Donate Today!
Donate Other Ways
Got News? Get the Newsletter.
LATEST LL1885 POSTS
- NC State Board of Ed hold on Social Studies changes, will include Social Justice and Racial Issue
- Wake County teacher arrested on multiple counts of sexual misconduct with 5 minors
- Two Duplin County teachers charged with sex crimes involving students
- Stanly County teacher charged with indecent liberties involving a student
- WCPSS’s Office of Equity Affairs rolls out Black Lives Matter website
- Take Back Wake: Filing begins today for all 9 WCPSS School Board seats
- Law firm expanding investigation into sexual assaults of students in Guilford County Schools
ARCHIVES BY CATEGORY
Tag Archives: Holshouser Legislators Retreat
In yesterday’s article, CCSSO President Questions Testing For Homeschoolers, the question was posed by Dr. Atkinson that perhaps homeschoolers and private schooled children should be taking the same tests as public school children.
Here’s the original tweet:
With choice, should homeschool & private school students have to take the same tests as public school students? If no, why not? #HLR2015
— June Atkinson (@DrJuneAtkinson) January 12, 2015
This question has led to some backlash.
Better watch it, ya’ll. You might be accused of bearing false witness.
KEEP READING… Continue reading
The 2015 Governor Jim Holshouser Legislators Retreat took place yesterday. I managed to capture some of the topics via Twitter from the hashtag #HLR2015. The main theme gleaned from it appears to be your kids are “human capitol” which is the “life bud” of business:
Cheryl Oldham: Human capitol is the life bud of business. Need steady pipeline of talent & strong k-12 foundation. #HLR2015 @icwcheryl
— The Hunt Institute (@Hunt_Institute) January 12, 2015
All your kids are belong to them?
This event was by invitation only. From the Hunt Institute website:
2015 Governor Jim Holshouser Legislators Retreat
“Event attendance is by invitation only. If you have an invitation code, please enter it in the form to the right to view more information about this event.” Many NC legislators attended. Was yours there? Ask them.
Please see my Storify Article, Holshouser Legislators Retreat 2015, for more.
KEEP READING – VISIT THE STORIFY ARTICLE Continue reading