A.P Dillon on Social Media
Got PayPal? Donate Today!
Donate Other Ways
Got News? Get the Newsletter.
LATEST LL1885 POSTS
- Wake County teacher arrested on multiple counts of sexual misconduct with 5 minors
- Two Duplin County teachers charged with sex crimes involving students
- Stanly County teacher charged with indecent liberties involving a student
- WCPSS’s Office of Equity Affairs rolls out Black Lives Matter website
- Take Back Wake: Filing begins today for all 9 WCPSS School Board seats
- Law firm expanding investigation into sexual assaults of students in Guilford County Schools
- Lexington teacher resigns after being charged in hit and run
ARCHIVES BY CATEGORY
Tag Archives: HK On J
My latest Magnificent Seven article went up at Da Tech Guy on Thursday. This is a repost.
By A.P. Dillon
What happens if you throw a social justice movement and no one comes? More specifically, what happens when the citizens of the state in which you’re pushing this movement have tuned you out?
You get the normal sized, lackluster Moral Monday crowd like this one in Fayetteville: Continue reading
So, the NC NAACP held their ‘grassroots’ Moral March – which was really just the annual HK on J (Historic Thousands on Jones St) with a bunch of groups bused in to make more noise. The main protest point, among the laundry list presented, was voter ID.
@organizerx lve #MoralMarch is about to begin 1000’s here http://t.co/S3AzUexZnB pic.twitter.com/xpRqIUAenQ #MoralMonday #F8 #8F
— #StopChildAbuse (@KatG4) February 8, 2014
Hilarious since the Do’s and Don’t list disseminated to potential marchers by the NC NAACP included telling them to bring Photo ID with them:
#MoralMarch will protest NC’s new “racist” #VoterID, but you’re req’d to bring photo ID to the march. #ncpol pic.twitter.com/w14mzejdSn — Stacey-SisterToldjah (@sistertoldjah) February 8, 2014
Keep Reading… Continue reading