A.P Dillon on Social Media
Got PayPal? Donate Today!
Donate Other Ways
Got News? Get the Newsletter.
LATEST LL1885 POSTS
- NC DPI and UNC-TV to deliver programming for K-12 students
- Where was the emergency plan for school continuity?
- It’s Time We Stand Together
- Links to help parents during NC school closures
- Additional counts including statutory rape added to Winston-Salem teacher charges
- Substitute at Albemarle Middle School arrested for mass threat of violence
- #WCPSS Updates: Coronavirus Edition
ARCHIVES BY CATEGORY
Tag Archives: Hire Standards
“The business community’s input and needs were heard and clearly addressed in the high school math standards approved by the State Board.”
– NC Chamber of Commerce 6/14/16
The business community’s needs and input are far more important than that of parents and students. Continue reading
A Freedom of Information Act request sent to New Hanover County School System has yielded a letter sent by Gary Salimido of the NC Chamber of Commerce to the Common Core Academic Standards Review Commission (ASRC). The letter from Salamido … Continue reading
There’s a gap in the media coverage on the Common Core hearing held today at the NC General Assembly:
MT @LadyLiberty1885: Public rips #CommonCore — 2/3 opposed, @WRAL reports more on who likes it. http://t.co/vFq74QQenq #stopcommoncore
— Pete Kaliner (@PeteKaliner) March 20, 2014
WRAL did a bang up job taking the bulk of quotes from the minority, but well funded, side of the house. Continue reading
Kristin Blair at Carolina Journal has an article up this morning that points out the issues that have come along with Sen. Berger’s Read To Achieve law. There has been mass confusion on the new law, it’s roll out (which DPI was partly responsible for by the way) and complaints from educators that the reading passages contained in it are not appropriate for 3rd graders. Continue reading