A.P Dillon on Social Media
Got PayPal? Donate Today!
Donate Other Ways
Got News? Get the Newsletter.
LATEST LL1885 POSTS
- #NCED Updates: School Choice punches back, War on parents and various headlines
- Teachers in two different NC counties arrested on sex charges
- Burke County school receptionist indicted on child sex charges
- #NCED Updates: Leandro, the NEA and socialism, plus Gov. Cooper tries to dismantle school choice again
- #WCPSS Updates: MVP Math, Reassignment plan, Restart Status and a Brain Drain
ARCHIVES BY CATEGORY
Tag Archives: HB 1218
A bill put into play by Senator Fletcher Hartsell (R-36) appears to be trying to manipulate the balance of power on the Cabarrus county Board of Commissioners. The NC Senate passed his amendment this week that would temporarily shift the number of Cabarrus Commissioners from 5 to 7 by adding Diane Honeycutt and Sue Mynatt temporarily. The amendment is part of a bill (HB 1218 / SB 844) that would alter the charter of the city of Monroe in Union County.
The Cabarrus Board of Commissioners was a hot topic during the primary season. Folks should bear in mind that Diane Honeycutt was one of the candidates using the strategy of getting Democrats to party switch to vote for her in the primary. The move to push her and Mynatt into their roles before their term begins is rooted in one thing: counter-balancing the Tea party influence. The Independent Journal sees the same power play at work; emphasis added is mine: Continue reading