A.P Dillon on Social Media
Got PayPal? Donate Today!
Donate with Venmo
Donate Other Ways
Got News? Get the Newsletter.
LATEST LL1885 POSTS
- Former Wayne County teacher arrested on indecent liberties, Former Winston-Salem teacher indicted
- Video: NCAE leaders discuss their “power” to keep NC schools closed
- Raleigh Montessori teacher arrested for child sex crime charges pleads guilty
- Craven County Public Schools teacher extradited to Virginia on forcible sodomy charge
- NCAE regional representative boasts about sending “White Fragility” book to State Supt.
- Supt. Candidate forum highlights divide between support for systems versus students
- Orange County Schools “Equity” resolution includes Black Lives Matter
ARCHIVES BY CATEGORY
Donate with PayPal
Tag Archives: FOIA
Three of my four public records requests sent to Governor Roy Cooper and Attorney General Josh Stein will be turning one year old next month. Continue reading
Last year I was approached by a set of parents who had students in a 6th grade Wake county school. These parents were unable to obtain detailed documentation on a particular lesson given in their child’s classroom. The lesson was on Islam.
KEEP READING… SEE THE YEAR LONG STRUGGLE AND THE END RESULT. Continue reading
Last Friday evening, PolitiFactNC dropped a ‘fact check’ on a tweet by Lt. Governor Dan Forest written by News and Observer’s Will Doran.
While PolitiFactNC found the statement to be false, a closer examination proved the Lt. Governor’s statement was actually true. PolitiFactNC earned its first Pants On Fire rating.
I followed up and did a Freedom of Information Act request submitted the Lt. Governor’s office for any conversations Doran had with that office for the article. Continue reading
Civitas has filed a lawsuit against the Alamance Elections Board over a public records request.
RALEIGH – The Civitas Institute has filed suit in Alamance County Superior Court challenging the legality of the Alamance County Board of Election’s public records policy. In the 12-page complaint, Civitas asks the Court to clarify several areas of North Carolina public records law, including what actions by a state agency constitute a denial of a public records request, whether requestors of public records may be required to physically inspect records before receiving copies, and to what extent a records custodian may delegate away his or her statutory duty to provide the public with access to records.
KEEP READING…. Continue reading
On the heels of the revelation that Senator Mark Udall of Colorado pressured the Colorado Division of insurance to ‘revise’ their Obamacare enrollment numbers, the National Republican Senatorial Committee has announced it will FOIA similar agencies in different states, including North Carolina. From a newsletter from the NRSC via email, here is the relevant portion: Continue reading