A.P Dillon on Social Media
Got PayPal? Donate Today!
Donate with Venmo
Donate Other Ways
Got News? Get the Newsletter.
LATEST LL1885 POSTS
- NCAE letter to Gov. Cooper asks for “significant executive action” to curb COVID-19 spread
- Iredell High School teacher charged with taking Indecent Liberties
- BLM co-founder edited out of WCPSS’ Office of Equity Affairs BLM themed site, but…
- Parent sues Iredell-Statesville schools over special needs son’s alleged assault by teacher
- Chapel Hill Middle School charged with forcible sex offense
- NCAE strangely silent on teacher turnover report
- Alexander County Public School custodian used camera to peep in school staff bathroom
ARCHIVES BY CATEGORY
Donate with PayPal
Tag Archives: Fletcher Hartsell
A bill put into play by Senator Fletcher Hartsell (R-36) appears to be trying to manipulate the balance of power on the Cabarrus county Board of Commissioners. The NC Senate passed his amendment this week that would temporarily shift the number of Cabarrus Commissioners from 5 to 7 by adding Diane Honeycutt and Sue Mynatt temporarily. The amendment is part of a bill (HB 1218 / SB 844) that would alter the charter of the city of Monroe in Union County.
The Cabarrus Board of Commissioners was a hot topic during the primary season. Folks should bear in mind that Diane Honeycutt was one of the candidates using the strategy of getting Democrats to party switch to vote for her in the primary. The move to push her and Mynatt into their roles before their term begins is rooted in one thing: counter-balancing the Tea party influence. The Independent Journal sees the same power play at work; emphasis added is mine: Continue reading