A.P Dillon on Social Media
Got PayPal? Donate Today!
Donate Other Ways
Got News? Get the Newsletter.
LATEST LL1885 POSTS
- New Hanover substitute teacher arrested for peeing in a cup in front of students
- #WCPSS Updates: District won’t turn over MVP Math docs, Enrollment estimates drop, and magnet priorities
- NCED Updates: New Hanover Predators, Istation, Common Core, Leandro, NCAE & Elections
- #WCPSS Updates: Another “Equity” camp, Literacy, a brawl and other headlines
- #NCED Updates: School Choice Week, NCAE Strike, Istation updates and Teacher Turnover
- Cleveland County teacher arrested for propositioning 15-year-old boy using social media
- New Hanover Band teacher arrested on 12 felony counts (Updated: Teacher fired)
ARCHIVES BY CATEGORY
Tag Archives: Education Pay
The News and Observer has a rather long article up about teacher recruitment. It discusses teacher supplements quite a bit and includes an embedded link to a presentation used at the most recent Wake School Board retreat. This presentation deals … Continue reading
How dare Governor McCrory meet the demand of raising teacher starting pay in NC?
I mean, jeez — who does this guy think he is by actually fulfilling a request that has been harped on by multiple (and some anonymously backed) teacher pay ‘advocacy’ groups? Continue reading
I doubt there is anyone in North Carolina who doesn’t know that teachers are dissatisfied with their pay, yet local media continues to write about it almost daily with a long string of regurgitated statistics, none of which are ever explained, linked to or given context.
Anyway, News and Observer has just such a piece up today, entitled, Teachers’ jobs are getting harder. Miraculously, the lengthy article fails to mention Common Core a single time as contributing to the increase in teacher workload. Amazing. Continue reading