A.P Dillon on Social Media
Got PayPal? Donate Today!
Donate Other Ways
Got News? Get the Newsletter.
LATEST LL1885 POSTS
- Craven County Public Schools teacher extradited to Virginia on forcible sodomy charge
- NCAE regional representative boasts about sending “White Fragility” book to State Supt.
- Supt. Candidate forum highlights divide between support for systems versus students
- Orange County Schools “Equity” resolution includes Black Lives Matter
- NCAE President promotes “Pledge to Participate” in Black Lives Matter at School “Year of Purpose”
- Records request reveals ‘Whiteness in Ed Spaces,” “Affinity groups” at WCPSS EdCamp Equity
- Orange Public Schools Equity Dept. email details segregated “Affinity Spaces”
ARCHIVES BY CATEGORY
Tag Archives: Education Pay
The News and Observer has a rather long article up about teacher recruitment. It discusses teacher supplements quite a bit and includes an embedded link to a presentation used at the most recent Wake School Board retreat. This presentation deals … Continue reading
How dare Governor McCrory meet the demand of raising teacher starting pay in NC?
I mean, jeez — who does this guy think he is by actually fulfilling a request that has been harped on by multiple (and some anonymously backed) teacher pay ‘advocacy’ groups? Continue reading
I doubt there is anyone in North Carolina who doesn’t know that teachers are dissatisfied with their pay, yet local media continues to write about it almost daily with a long string of regurgitated statistics, none of which are ever explained, linked to or given context.
Anyway, News and Observer has just such a piece up today, entitled, Teachers’ jobs are getting harder. Miraculously, the lengthy article fails to mention Common Core a single time as contributing to the increase in teacher workload. Amazing. Continue reading