A.P Dillon on Social Media
Got PayPal? Donate Today!
Donate Other Ways
Got News? Get the Newsletter.
LATEST LL1885 POSTS
- #NCED Updates: School Choice punches back, War on parents and various headlines
- Teachers in two different NC counties arrested on sex charges
- Burke County school receptionist indicted on child sex charges
- #NCED Updates: Leandro, the NEA and socialism, plus Gov. Cooper tries to dismantle school choice again
- #WCPSS Updates: MVP Math, Reassignment plan, Restart Status and a Brain Drain
- Alamance middle school teacher suspended after out of state sex charges filed (Update: Held WI teaching license)
- Former Caldwell County teacher pleads guilty to assault on female, sex crime charges dropped
ARCHIVES BY CATEGORY
Tag Archives: Dr. James Milgram
The March meeting of the NC Common Core Academic Standards Review Commission was held yesterday in Raleigh.
A big thank you to Major Dave for shooting video of the sessions and presenters. This is a huge service he has performed for the NC public.
KEEP READING…. SEE THE VIDEOS Continue reading
Well, the tide is turning on Common Core. Desperate times call for desperate measures. Demonizing the public, parents, teachers and kids to advance the Core has backfired big time. The PR/messaging behemoth behind Common Core needs a new line of attack.
It looks like the focus is now going after the experts who dared call out the flaws in the Core. At least for one New Hampshire guy.
@manateespirit Oh, I left one… Did you see the new shift? Going after Milgram not parents. Watch, Stotsky is next.
— LL1885 – A.P. Dillon (@LadyLiberty1885) July 30, 2014
This is a bit ironic since prior to now, the powers that be behind the Core were doing their best to wipe out evidence of the Validation committee dissenters.
Advancing New Hampshire’s Public Education (ANHPE) has an article titled James Milgram’s dishonest critique of the Common Core math standards apparently written by Bill Duncan. Mr. Duncan goes after Dr. Milgram claiming the examples Milgram used in the Pioneer White Paper from 2010 called ‘Fair To Midling’ are flawed because… well, Duncan’s entire premise rests on the idea Milgram only used a portion of the standards and not the whole thing. This is a White Paper, Mr. Duncan. That comparison is called an example and is commonly used to represent a larger body of information because the rest is largely more of the same.
Let’s talk about dishonesty.
Dr. Milgram is a Mathematician.
Dr. Milgram is also a Professor Emeritus at Stanford University and is extremely well-known and respected. He was on the validation committee for Common Core and — clearly, someone thought he knew his stuff. For the love of Pete, his bio is on the NASA website.
Milgram’s out there for the world to see. Mr. Duncan? Not so much. Continue reading