A.P Dillon on Social Media
Got PayPal? Donate Today!
Donate Other Ways
Got News? Get the Newsletter.
LATEST LL1885 POSTS
- NC State Board of Ed hold on Social Studies changes, will include Social Justice and Racial Issue
- Wake County teacher arrested on multiple counts of sexual misconduct with 5 minors
- Two Duplin County teachers charged with sex crimes involving students
- Stanly County teacher charged with indecent liberties involving a student
- WCPSS’s Office of Equity Affairs rolls out Black Lives Matter website
- Take Back Wake: Filing begins today for all 9 WCPSS School Board seats
- Law firm expanding investigation into sexual assaults of students in Guilford County Schools
ARCHIVES BY CATEGORY
Tag Archives: D.C.
In an article at The Washington Post, the District of Columbia graduation rate was reported at 79%. However, there is a big ‘but’ that comes along with that number as 1% met math standards and 4% met reading standards. Continue reading
Last week was school choice week and a number of journalists and bloggers convened in Washington, D.C. for the Amplify Choice conference, hosted by the Franklin Center.
On the first day of the event, we were given an inside look at two D.C. schools which offer a choice outside of the public school system for parents, Archbishop Carroll High School and Achievement Prep Charter School.
Both schools exhibited an atmosphere of elevated expectations from all parties, a sense of community and an overall sense of excitement of the students to be there. A persistent theme at both schools was that of concerns for safety of the students and how a safe environment vastly improves the ability of students to engage, learn and excel in their studies.
KEEP READING… Continue reading