A.P Dillon on Social Media
Got PayPal? Donate Today!
Donate Other Ways
Got News? Get the Newsletter.
LATEST LL1885 POSTS
- Burke County school receptionist indicted on child sex charges
- #NCED Updates: Leandro, the NEA and socialism, plus Gov. Cooper tries to dismantle school choice again
- #WCPSS Updates: MVP Math, Reassignment plan, Restart Status and a Brain Drain
- Alamance middle school teacher suspended after out of state sex charges filed (Update: Held WI teaching license)
- Former Caldwell County teacher pleads guilty to assault on female, sex crime charges dropped
ARCHIVES BY CATEGORY
Tag Archives: Craig Horn
It would seem that NC New Schools’ former Director, Tony Habit, feels that the press hasn’t been accurately reporting on the closure of the Bill Gates backed non-profit according to an editorial he has penned at the News and Observer. Continue reading
I’ve written about digital curriculum movement before. There are pros and cons to such a movement.
Do Parents get the full ‘Digital Education’ picture? Continue reading
The Education Legislator?
“Rep. Craig Horn (R-Union) is the education legislator. It’s an odd moniker considering he only moved to the state in 2005, has no education background and didn’t even start out focused on the subject.” Continue reading
How does Rep. Craig Horn define ‘proficiency and rigor’?
According to Horn’s press release yesterday, the definition is tied to how well our state scored on a flawed system (NAEP) that is not benchmarked to international standards and to a manipulated grading system which is being manipulated even further with two separate NCGA bills.
KEEP READING…. IT’S WORSE THAN YOU THINK. Continue reading
School choice advocates, are you paying attention?
House Bill 96, presented by Rep. Larry Hall, represents a clear attack on choice and charter schools in North Carolina.
HB 96 would make “a charter board member or employee who has authority to “maintain or expend funds” be personally and individually liable for all the debts of the charter school.”
KEEP READING… Continue reading