A.P Dillon on Social Media
Got PayPal? Donate Today!
Donate Other Ways
Got News? Get the Newsletter.
LATEST LL1885 POSTS
- Hoke County Teacher Arrested For Letting Kids Fight In Classroom
- Former Cumberland Schools Volunteer Convicted On Charges Involving Minors
- Common Core Update: Seven Years Later, Failure Confirmed
- The College Board’s Elitist Roots
- Lawsuit: 3 First Grade Chapel Hill Students Were Sexually Abused by Older Students
ARCHIVES BY CATEGORY
Tag Archives: Contracts
Via the NC Board of Education website, the latest batch of contracts has one regarding ELA testing for ELLS. (ELLS means English Language Learners; i.e. children whose primary language is not English.)
Under purpose, here is the first item:
Develop an alignment study between North Carolina’s state academic standards and the World Class Instructional Design and Assessment (WIDA) Consortium English Language Proficiency (ELP) standards
North Carolina has a commission still in progress who is reviewing the Common Core ELA standards currently in use.
Why would DPI be engaging in a contract such as this with Common Core still under review? Moving the goal posts at the end of the game?
KEEP READING… Continue reading
Next week is the NC State Board of Education’s monthly meeting. It’s going to be an expensive one. John Locke Foundation’s Lindalyn Kakadelis has noted that at this Board meeting, contracts totaling $69,157,850 are on the agenda. Go read it and … Continue reading