A.P Dillon on Social Media
Got PayPal? Donate Today!
Donate Other Ways
Got News? Get the Newsletter.
LATEST LL1885 POSTS
- Guilford County Schools teacher charged with multiple counts of sex act with a student
- Law firms file suit against Guilford County Board of Education in Holland case
- Former Yadkin County substitute teacher charged with taking indecent liberties with child
- Second suit filed against New Hanover School Board related to teacher-student assault case
- Buffy is still right about homeschooling
- New Hanover’s Michael Kelly has 4 more plaintiffs added to Civil Suit against him
- Radical Organize2020 members take over leadership of NCAE
ARCHIVES BY CATEGORY
Tag Archives: Contracts
#NCED Updates: School Choice Event coming to Raleigh, State Board of Ed updates, spending fact and Quiet Epidemic updates
In this edition of NCED Updates: An upcoming School Choice event in Raleigh, State Board of Education updates, a contract fight, some facts about education and per-pupil spending and Quiet Epidemic updates. Continue reading
Via the NC Board of Education website, the latest batch of contracts has one regarding ELA testing for ELLS. (ELLS means English Language Learners; i.e. children whose primary language is not English.)
Under purpose, here is the first item:
Develop an alignment study between North Carolina’s state academic standards and the World Class Instructional Design and Assessment (WIDA) Consortium English Language Proficiency (ELP) standards
North Carolina has a commission still in progress who is reviewing the Common Core ELA standards currently in use.
Why would DPI be engaging in a contract such as this with Common Core still under review? Moving the goal posts at the end of the game?
KEEP READING… Continue reading
Next week is the NC State Board of Education’s monthly meeting. It’s going to be an expensive one. John Locke Foundation’s Lindalyn Kakadelis has noted that at this Board meeting, contracts totaling $69,157,850 are on the agenda. Go read it and … Continue reading