A.P Dillon on Social Media
Got PayPal? Donate Today!
Donate Other Ways
Got News? Get the Newsletter.
LATEST LL1885 POSTS
- #NCED Updates: School Choice punches back, War on parents and various headlines
- Teachers in two different NC counties arrested on sex charges
- Burke County school receptionist indicted on child sex charges
- #NCED Updates: Leandro, the NEA and socialism, plus Gov. Cooper tries to dismantle school choice again
- #WCPSS Updates: MVP Math, Reassignment plan, Restart Status and a Brain Drain
- Alamance middle school teacher suspended after out of state sex charges filed (Update: Held WI teaching license)
- Former Caldwell County teacher pleads guilty to assault on female, sex crime charges dropped
ARCHIVES BY CATEGORY
Tag Archives: Contracts
Via the NC Board of Education website, the latest batch of contracts has one regarding ELA testing for ELLS. (ELLS means English Language Learners; i.e. children whose primary language is not English.)
Under purpose, here is the first item:
Develop an alignment study between North Carolina’s state academic standards and the World Class Instructional Design and Assessment (WIDA) Consortium English Language Proficiency (ELP) standards
North Carolina has a commission still in progress who is reviewing the Common Core ELA standards currently in use.
Why would DPI be engaging in a contract such as this with Common Core still under review? Moving the goal posts at the end of the game?
KEEP READING… Continue reading
Next week is the NC State Board of Education’s monthly meeting. It’s going to be an expensive one. John Locke Foundation’s Lindalyn Kakadelis has noted that at this Board meeting, contracts totaling $69,157,850 are on the agenda. Go read it and … Continue reading