A.P Dillon on Social Media
Got PayPal? Donate Today!
Donate Other Ways
Got News? Get the Newsletter.
LATEST LL1885 POSTS
- NC State Board of Ed hold on Social Studies changes, will include Social Justice and Racial Issue
- Wake County teacher arrested on multiple counts of sexual misconduct with 5 minors
- Two Duplin County teachers charged with sex crimes involving students
- Stanly County teacher charged with indecent liberties involving a student
- WCPSS’s Office of Equity Affairs rolls out Black Lives Matter website
- Take Back Wake: Filing begins today for all 9 WCPSS School Board seats
- Law firm expanding investigation into sexual assaults of students in Guilford County Schools
ARCHIVES BY CATEGORY
Tag Archives: Common Core Humor
A little humor.. or maybe a cry slid into my inbox. I adapted it for 2014. Enjoy.
Years of Math 1950 – 2014
Last week I purchased a burger at Burger King for $1.58. The counter girl
took my $ 2 and I was digging for my change when I pulled 8 cents from my
pocket and gave it to her. She stood there, holding the nickel and 3 pennies,
while looking at the screen on her register. I sensed her discomfort and
tried to tell her to just give me two quarters, but she hailed the manager
for help. While he tried to explain the transaction to her, she stood there
Why do I tell you this?
Because of the evolution in teaching math since the 1950s:
KEEP READING…. Continue reading