A.P Dillon on Social Media
Got PayPal? Donate Today!
Donate Other Ways
Got News? Get the Newsletter.
LATEST LL1885 POSTS
- #WCPSS Updates: Enrollment wanes, EdCamp Equity, Board member lie caught on camera, Green Hope fights to keep Dance
- #NCED Updates: Predator problems in New Hanover persist, Guilford buses kids to the polls, School choice and more
- New Hanover substitute teacher arrested for peeing in a cup in front of students
- #WCPSS Updates: District won’t turn over MVP Math docs, Enrollment estimates drop, and magnet priorities
- NCED Updates: New Hanover Predators, Istation, Common Core, Leandro, NCAE & Elections
- #WCPSS Updates: Another “Equity” camp, Literacy, a brawl and other headlines
- #NCED Updates: School Choice Week, NCAE Strike, Istation updates and Teacher Turnover
ARCHIVES BY CATEGORY
Tag Archives: Chicago
This article originally appeared at Heartland Fiscal Times on October 29th, 2015.
Chicago City Council Approves Mayor’s Historic Property Tax Hike
The Chicago City Council approved Mayor Rahm Emanuel’s proposed $543 million property tax hike on Chicago homeowners, partially filling a gap between unfunded pension liabilities and available assets that exceeds $32 billion.
The property tax hike is the single largest tax hike in the city’s history.
KEEP READING…. Continue reading
In Chicago, a smaller ALEC protest at the Palmer House Hilton that took place on the 5th was ramped up into a full-on Occupy style event on the 8th. Both sets of protests ended with a handful of arrests, but the more recent event that took place on the 8th included scuffles with police.
These protests have ties to Raleigh’s Moral Monday and Democrat activists in the area. Continue reading
While covering the Mountain Moral Monday story this week, some tweets using the hashtag #MoralMondays caught my eye. At first, it looked like they were part of the event I was covering, but when I tweeted a question about it I soon discovered these people were not in Asheville. They were in Chicago at the Palmer House Hilton being arrested for protesting an upcoming ALEC conference.
What I found out about one of the protesters arrested at this new version of Moral Monday tracked right back to North Carolina…. Keep reading… Continue reading
It’s come to this. Mayor Emanuel and Chief McCarthy have been utter failures in their attempt to stop the violence. I’ve been blogging about Chicago and the violence there all summer and saw a lot of pathetic attempts by the … Continue reading
The Penguin has lost control of Gotham.
35,000 kids have not been to school most of this week because the teachers union wanted a 30% increase with no teacher evaluation/accountability language in their contracts:
Teacher evaluations at center of Chicago strike
Almost 40% of Chicago’s Public School Teachers Send their Kids Elsewhere to Learn
These people are teaching 60% the youth of Chicago:[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=fqUWCZ0B18E]
The violence in the streets, mainly on the South side, continues:
12 shot across city this weekend
Chicago warzone update: Day by Day
Chicago Warzone Update: No End In Sight Continue reading