A.P Dillon on Social Media
Got PayPal? Donate Today!
Donate Other Ways
Got News? Get the Newsletter.
LATEST LL1885 POSTS
- #WCPSS Updates: Enrollment wanes, EdCamp Equity, Board member lie caught on camera, Green Hope fights to keep Dance
- #NCED Updates: Predator problems in New Hanover persist, Guilford buses kids to the polls, School choice and more
- New Hanover substitute teacher arrested for peeing in a cup in front of students
- #WCPSS Updates: District won’t turn over MVP Math docs, Enrollment estimates drop, and magnet priorities
- NCED Updates: New Hanover Predators, Istation, Common Core, Leandro, NCAE & Elections
- #WCPSS Updates: Another “Equity” camp, Literacy, a brawl and other headlines
- #NCED Updates: School Choice Week, NCAE Strike, Istation updates and Teacher Turnover
ARCHIVES BY CATEGORY
Tag Archives: Charter Wars
The war on school choice in North Carolina continues. The Left and Democrats in this state have made their hatred for school choice (charter schools, homeschooling, and Opportunity Scholarships) very well known.
This time the salvo is targeting virtual charter schools. Here’s the overall theme: All charter schools are evil and if it’s a virtual charter school, then it’s double evil. Continue reading
News and Observer reported on a ‘wish list’ of sorts put together by some of the Central North Carolina region’s superintendents.
The article doesn’t say it outright, but one item on the list was cutting off funding for Opportunity Scholarships. Continue reading
Another great video from Lt. Governor Dan Forest!
This one is on charter schools. I’m very glad he did this one, and he rightly addresses the assault on charter schools as coming from those defending the status quo.
I’ve said this same thing many times. There is some valid criticism of charter schools, however the majority of the push back comes in the form of protectionist rhetoric.
Such rhetoric’s ultimate landing point is that of impugning parents who are unsatisfied with their public school and want to choose for the best educational fit for their child.
KEEP READING… SEE THE VIDEO Continue reading