A.P Dillon on Social Media
Got PayPal? Donate Today!
Donate with Venmo
Donate Other Ways
Got News? Get the Newsletter.
LATEST LL1885 POSTS
- Former Wayne County teacher arrested on indecent liberties, Former Winston-Salem teacher indicted
- Video: NCAE leaders discuss their “power” to keep NC schools closed
- Raleigh Montessori teacher arrested for child sex crime charges pleads guilty
- Craven County Public Schools teacher extradited to Virginia on forcible sodomy charge
- NCAE regional representative boasts about sending “White Fragility” book to State Supt.
- Supt. Candidate forum highlights divide between support for systems versus students
- Orange County Schools “Equity” resolution includes Black Lives Matter
ARCHIVES BY CATEGORY
Donate with PayPal
Tag Archives: Chad Barefoot
In February of this year, a 3 judge panel from the 4th Circuit Court of appeals threw out the congressional district voting maps just weeks before the state’s primary election. Maps that had passed muster through multiple challenges were now null. … Continue reading
On March 26th, Senator Chad Barefoot filed SB 535 (Study Student Online Data Privacy).
The bill would form a study committee to inspect and investigate issues around the protection of multiple aspects of student data being collected in North Carolina, including what third parties have access, disclosure and protection process and Cloud based data.
In 2014, Senator Barefoot authored a student data privacy bill (SB 815) which was signed into law. Given the invasive nature and data collection inherent in HB 13 and the data collection machine in use by NC DPI currently, this study of student data is very timely.
The filed text is brief:
KEEP READING… Continue reading
Stay classy, Rep. Cotham and Commissioner Burns.
GEE, this is a Dem Wake Commissioner AND a Dem #NCGA Rep. Very hostile. Very unprofessional. #ncpol #wboc pic.twitter.com/EKWABTZlLP
— LL1885 – A.P. Dillon (@LadyLiberty1885) March 6, 2015
Yesterday, Senator Chad Barefoot introduced SB 181 – Wake County Commissioner Districts. The point of the bill apparently is to address the large population growth in Wake County by updating representation on the Wake Commissioners Board. Continue reading
Senator Barefoot has received some top education appointments for the upcoming session, Chairman of the Senate Education Appropriations Committee and Chairman of the newly created Workforce and Economic Development Committee.
Sen. Barefoot served on the Common Core LRC committee in 2013 and authored SB 815, Ensuring Privacy of Student Records, which was signed into law in 2013.
Press release below.
KEEP READING Continue reading