A.P Dillon on Social Media
Got PayPal? Donate Today!
Donate Other Ways
Got News? Get the Newsletter.
LATEST LL1885 POSTS
- Iredell-Statesville Schools teacher arrested for assaulting handicapped student is suspended with pay
- Millions for “School Safety” but no funds to stop sexual predators in NC Schools
- WCPSS elementary teacher arrested on indecent liberties charges involving students
- WCPSS Office of Equity Affairs “Call to Action” includes more White Privilege training, SPLC Social Justice Standards
- NC teacher license discipline page updated after seven months
- Statutory Rape charges against Orange County teacher dropped
- #WCPSS Updates: Busing issues on fire, literally. Also, brace for reassignment.
ARCHIVES BY CATEGORY
Tag Archives: Chad Barefoot
In February of this year, a 3 judge panel from the 4th Circuit Court of appeals threw out the congressional district voting maps just weeks before the state’s primary election. Maps that had passed muster through multiple challenges were now null. … Continue reading
On March 26th, Senator Chad Barefoot filed SB 535 (Study Student Online Data Privacy).
The bill would form a study committee to inspect and investigate issues around the protection of multiple aspects of student data being collected in North Carolina, including what third parties have access, disclosure and protection process and Cloud based data.
In 2014, Senator Barefoot authored a student data privacy bill (SB 815) which was signed into law. Given the invasive nature and data collection inherent in HB 13 and the data collection machine in use by NC DPI currently, this study of student data is very timely.
The filed text is brief:
KEEP READING… Continue reading
Stay classy, Rep. Cotham and Commissioner Burns.
GEE, this is a Dem Wake Commissioner AND a Dem #NCGA Rep. Very hostile. Very unprofessional. #ncpol #wboc pic.twitter.com/EKWABTZlLP
— LL1885 – A.P. Dillon (@LadyLiberty1885) March 6, 2015
Yesterday, Senator Chad Barefoot introduced SB 181 – Wake County Commissioner Districts. The point of the bill apparently is to address the large population growth in Wake County by updating representation on the Wake Commissioners Board. Continue reading
Senator Barefoot has received some top education appointments for the upcoming session, Chairman of the Senate Education Appropriations Committee and Chairman of the newly created Workforce and Economic Development Committee.
Sen. Barefoot served on the Common Core LRC committee in 2013 and authored SB 815, Ensuring Privacy of Student Records, which was signed into law in 2013.
Press release below.
KEEP READING Continue reading