A.P Dillon on Social Media
Got PayPal? Donate Today!
Donate Other Ways
Got News? Get the Newsletter.
LATEST LL1885 POSTS
- Wake County School Board Race Candidate List; 4 out of 9 seats unchallenged
- NC State Board of Ed hold on Social Studies changes, will include Social Justice and Racial Issue
- Wake County teacher arrested on multiple counts of sexual misconduct with 5 minors
- Two Duplin County teachers charged with sex crimes involving students
- Stanly County teacher charged with indecent liberties involving a student
- WCPSS’s Office of Equity Affairs rolls out Black Lives Matter website
- Take Back Wake: Filing begins today for all 9 WCPSS School Board seats
ARCHIVES BY CATEGORY
Tag Archives: CFPB
One of the tentacles created by Dodd-Frank was sliced into this week. By tentacle, I mean the federal Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB).
A three judge panel in the District of Columbia’s Court of Appeals ruled that the CFPB’s leadership structure was unconstitutional. Right now, the CFPB is headed up by a single man, Richard Cordray.
In an article at Conservative review , Hans von Spakovsky notes that the court recognized most agencies had boards or commissioners who act as a check and balance on one another. The CFPB has no such oversight.
While this is a win, don’t get too excited though. Read on. Continue reading
The article, CFPB Expands Into College Education Accreditation, originally appeared at Heartland Fiscal Times on December 6th.
Federal banking regulators are expanding the power of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB), demanding records and testimony from higher-education accreditation agencies as part of an investigation into possible “unlawful acts and practices in connection with accrediting for-profit colleges.”
KEEP READING… Continue reading