A.P Dillon on Social Media
Got PayPal? Donate Today!
Donate with Venmo
Donate Other Ways
Got News? Get the Newsletter.
LATEST LL1885 POSTS
- Wake County parents report incidents of harassment, abuse as some students return full-time
- Two separate private school educators charged with sex crimes involving students
- Southern Poverty Law Center’s radical education arm renamed “Learning For Justice”
- 18 year-old Wake County student charged with statutory rape
- Iredell-Statesville Schools Assistant Principal charged sexual exploitation of a minor
- Wake County Schools employee held on $1.5M bond related to sexual offense charge
- NCAE letter to Gov. Cooper asks for “significant executive action” to curb COVID-19 spread
ARCHIVES BY CATEGORY
Donate with PayPal
Tag Archives: Budget Cuts
Wake County Public School System (WCPSS) has a budget of over $1.4 billion dollars. WCPSS’s board has been wrestling with a budget gap of around $17.5 million.
In order to balance the budget, the WCPSS board has compiled a list of budget cuts. The vast majority of these cuts will impact the classroom directly. It appears the board has chosen the route that would yield the most pain for students and teachers.
Meanwhile, the board approved purchasing a car dealership’s property near downtown Raleigh to the tune of over $6.3 million dollars. Continue reading
Last month, I wrote about the little bombshell Superintendent Atkinson dropped that no one seemed to really pick up on other than Alex Granados at EducationNC.
In a nutshell, Atkinson took jobs from DPI that should have been in the ordered budget cuts and shifted them to the budget of a new program.
The Senate is calling her out on it.
KEEP READING… Continue reading