A.P Dillon on Social Media
Got PayPal? Donate Today!
Donate with Venmo
Donate Other Ways
Got News? Get the Newsletter.
LATEST LL1885 POSTS
- Former Wayne County teacher arrested on indecent liberties, Former Winston-Salem teacher indicted
- Video: NCAE leaders discuss their “power” to keep NC schools closed
- Raleigh Montessori teacher arrested for child sex crime charges pleads guilty
- Craven County Public Schools teacher extradited to Virginia on forcible sodomy charge
- NCAE regional representative boasts about sending “White Fragility” book to State Supt.
- Supt. Candidate forum highlights divide between support for systems versus students
- Orange County Schools “Equity” resolution includes Black Lives Matter
ARCHIVES BY CATEGORY
Donate with PayPal
Tag Archives: Bill Whittle
Those engaged in fighting Common Core know how it is destroying the love of reading in our youngest learners. Common Core asks a kid to read a book, comprehend every facet of the book from title and author to extrapolating on story narratives and plots. They then have to write about it – without prompting. Remember these kids are ages 5-8 years old. Common Core attempts to take kids who are concrete thinkers to make them abstract thinkers. It’s developmentally improbable, but Common Core tries anyway with age and developmentally inappropriate standards in K-3. Continue reading
Today’s article from WWNC’s Pete Kaliner rebutting Voter ID talking points from Democrats and the Left was a thing of beauty. In a nutshell: Succinct.
It would be hard to pick a favorite part, but this might be it:
CLAIM: “Ok, so there’s ONE case. But it’s not widespread.”
RESPONSE: We actually have no idea how widespread it is. The story I posted above is from October 2012. However, the attempted fraud occurred a year prior. Look how long it took to investigate and prosecute a case involving an elected official in a race decided by three votes. Simply put, resources are not devoted to investigating and prosecuting voter fraud. It’s hard to find what you’re not even looking for.
This is the same argument I made against WRAL and their use of Moral Monday arrestees as proof the crowds were made of in-state residents. We now know that clearly was not the case, but the argument is convenient and tidy. Continue reading
In the weeks following the George Zimmerman trial, a rather shameful comparison has arisen. The comparison being made is that of Emmett Till to Trayvon Martin. This is positively disgusting and serves no other purpose than the fuel racial tensions. Continue reading