A.P Dillon on Social Media
Got PayPal? Donate Today!
Donate Other Ways
Got News? Get the Newsletter.
LATEST LL1885 POSTS
- Wake County teacher arrested on multiple counts of sexual misconduct with 5 minors
- Two Duplin County teachers charged with sex crimes involving students
- Stanly County teacher charged with indecent liberties involving a student
- WCPSS’s Office of Equity Affairs rolls out Black Lives Matter website
- Take Back Wake: Filing begins today for all 9 WCPSS School Board seats
- Law firm expanding investigation into sexual assaults of students in Guilford County Schools
- Lexington teacher resigns after being charged in hit and run
ARCHIVES BY CATEGORY
Tag Archives: Bill Duncan
Well, the tide is turning on Common Core. Desperate times call for desperate measures. Demonizing the public, parents, teachers and kids to advance the Core has backfired big time. The PR/messaging behemoth behind Common Core needs a new line of attack.
It looks like the focus is now going after the experts who dared call out the flaws in the Core. At least for one New Hampshire guy.
@manateespirit Oh, I left one… Did you see the new shift? Going after Milgram not parents. Watch, Stotsky is next.
— LL1885 – A.P. Dillon (@LadyLiberty1885) July 30, 2014
This is a bit ironic since prior to now, the powers that be behind the Core were doing their best to wipe out evidence of the Validation committee dissenters.
Advancing New Hampshire’s Public Education (ANHPE) has an article titled James Milgram’s dishonest critique of the Common Core math standards apparently written by Bill Duncan. Mr. Duncan goes after Dr. Milgram claiming the examples Milgram used in the Pioneer White Paper from 2010 called ‘Fair To Midling’ are flawed because… well, Duncan’s entire premise rests on the idea Milgram only used a portion of the standards and not the whole thing. This is a White Paper, Mr. Duncan. That comparison is called an example and is commonly used to represent a larger body of information because the rest is largely more of the same.
Let’s talk about dishonesty.
Dr. Milgram is a Mathematician.
Dr. Milgram is also a Professor Emeritus at Stanford University and is extremely well-known and respected. He was on the validation committee for Common Core and — clearly, someone thought he knew his stuff. For the love of Pete, his bio is on the NASA website.
Milgram’s out there for the world to see. Mr. Duncan? Not so much. Continue reading