A.P Dillon on Social Media
Got PayPal? Donate Today!
Donate Other Ways
Got News? Get the Newsletter.
LATEST LL1885 POSTS
- WCPSS Office of Equity Affairs “Call to Action” includes more White Privilege training, SPLC Social Justice Standards
- NC teacher license discipline page updated after seven months
- Statutory Rape charges against Orange County teacher dropped
- #WCPSS Updates: Busing issues on fire, literally. Also, brace for reassignment.
- Orange County Teacher arrested on 30 year old child rape charges
- $1 million bond issued to Gaston County Assistant Principal accused of sex crimes with a student
- WCPSS says “no complaints” over school mural of controversial climate kid Thunberg and rapper “Lil Nas X”
ARCHIVES BY CATEGORY
Tag Archives: Betsy Meads
Hey, remember when I posted that article on Reverend Barber engaging in meaningful dialogue at at “press conference” with Betsy Meads, the Vice Chairman of the Republican Party in Pasquotank County? Come on, you remember — Reverend Barber was telling the crowd how “We’re not gonna just shoot one bullet, we’re gonna shoot ‘em all.”[youtube=http://youtu.be/gVbtKF4U8JU]
Well, I commented on the related video on YouTube and a funny thing happened. More #ShutUppery! This was special #ShutUppery though. I got into a little tit-for-tat with a young man named Eric Preston. After a few exchanges, a comment was removed before I could reply to it. Continue reading
Around 900 arrests made during Moral Monday to send a message to the GOP at the NCGA, yet when given the chance to engage in dialogue Reverend Barber chooses again for more #ShutUppery.
Read more about #ShutUppery: MoMoMo: The Moral Monday Concert Series
Nice catch here by WatchDogWire NC:
Also on August 20, Rev. William Barber, president of the North Carolina NAACP and a National Board member as well, held a press conference on behalf of King. He calls the challenge to King’s candidacy “a crime against democracy.” He goes on to say, “Let me say we will now take questions, questions from members of the media.”[youtube=http://youtu.be/gVbtKF4U8JU]
When Betsy Meads, author of the video, identified herself as Vice Chairman of the Republican Party in Pasquotank County and a blogger on ElizabethCity.com, Barber motioned that he wanted to go to another question from the audience. Meads was attempting to present information to Barber which shows reasonable people agree that election laws for college student voters need to be adjusted. Continue reading