A.P Dillon on Social Media
Got PayPal? Donate Today!
Donate Other Ways
Got News? Get the Newsletter.
LATEST LL1885 POSTS
- Video: NCAE leaders discuss their “power” to keep NC schools closed
- Raleigh Montessori teacher arrested for child sex crime charges pleads guilty
- Craven County Public Schools teacher extradited to Virginia on forcible sodomy charge
- NCAE regional representative boasts about sending “White Fragility” book to State Supt.
- Supt. Candidate forum highlights divide between support for systems versus students
- Orange County Schools “Equity” resolution includes Black Lives Matter
- NCAE President promotes “Pledge to Participate” in Black Lives Matter at School “Year of Purpose”
ARCHIVES BY CATEGORY
Tag Archives: Army of Davids
Professor Glenn Reynold’s book, An Army of Davids, has constantly been in the back of my mind whenever I am engaging in fighting Common Core. It was in my mind as I sat at the messaging and PR table for We Will Not Conform. The opposition to Common Core are an Army of Davids. The replay of We Will Not Conform event is tonight, by the way. For those of you unfamiliar with Glenn Reynolds, a.k.a. the Blogfather, visit Instapundit. I do. Every morning.
Anyway, as a blogger, I know the power of social media and the well placed headline or turn of phrase. I know how to take apart a narrative put forth by the other side. This gave me an edge in debating supporters. I use the term debate lightly. It was never debate on the standards for them. It was a debate on me. This is a crucial point. Common Core supporters did not defend the standards, they attacked the opposition. They tried to smear and demonize teachers, parents, grandparents and students from all walks of life and it has backfired in epic style.
.@POLITICO: The #CommonCore PR war: the millions have proved no match for the moms http://t.co/ewth1LhG7T #stopcommoncore #TCOT #edchat
— Pioneer Institute (@PioneerBoston) July 29, 2014 Continue reading