LL1885 on Social Media
LATEST LL1885 POSTS
- NC Dept. Of Public Instruction Touts 4th Year of Powerschool, Ignores Failings
- Wake School Board Race Will Use 2011 Maps; 4 Incumbents Run Unopposed
- WRAL Report On Edgecombe Teacher Turnover Doesn’t Include Supplemental Pay Figures
- NC Big Media Still Silent on Suit To Remove Keever – #ncpol #ncdems
- NC Longitudinal Database Committee Quietly Dissolved and Replaced
ARCHIVES BY CATEGORY
Sign the Petition. Tell Gov. McCrory To Stop Common Core
Category Archives: Social Justice
At the recent annual convention in Orlando, the National PTA came out with a resolution backing the Obama administration’s push to create federal policies that would recognize LGBTQ individuals as a “protected class”.
KEEP READING… Continue reading →
The NY Post recently reported that NYC schools were making the addition of Common Core aligned “anti-bias” social studies curriculum from the Southern Poverty Law Center’s offshoot, Teaching Tolerance.
The NY Post cited quotes from Chancellor Carmen Farina on the topic. These quotes seem to have come from a letter sent to employees regarding the use of these materials. This blog has obtained a copy of that letter, which was sent by email to employees on July 14th. Continue reading →
Many outlets, including The Blaze, are running a story about remarks made on Facebook by Durham Councilwoman Jillian Johnson.
Johnson’s comments about guns are not that shocking if you have a clue who she is and what she stands for. Does no one Google anymore?
Johnson is no stranger to protests and arrests. She’s an activist first and foremost. Continue reading →