A.P Dillon on Social Media
Got PayPal? Donate Today!
Donate Other Ways
Got News? Get the Newsletter.
LATEST LL1885 POSTS
- #WCPSS Updates: Enrollment wanes, EdCamp Equity, Board member lie caught on camera, Green Hope fights to keep Dance
- #NCED Updates: Predator problems in New Hanover persist, Guilford buses kids to the polls, School choice and more
- New Hanover substitute teacher arrested for peeing in a cup in front of students
- #WCPSS Updates: District won’t turn over MVP Math docs, Enrollment estimates drop, and magnet priorities
- NCED Updates: New Hanover Predators, Istation, Common Core, Leandro, NCAE & Elections
- #WCPSS Updates: Another “Equity” camp, Literacy, a brawl and other headlines
- #NCED Updates: School Choice Week, NCAE Strike, Istation updates and Teacher Turnover
ARCHIVES BY CATEGORY
Category Archives: gun control
NC Dem Bill for ‘Safer Schools, Healthier Kids’ Looks Just Like ‘Extreme Risk Protection Order’ Bill
Two bills were put forward by NC Democrats and seem to be essentially the same. The main difference is that one of them is using NC schools and kids as a reason to enact their gun control wish list. Continue reading
Video of a man defending his Second Amendment rights during the public comments portion of a recent Greensboro City Council meeting has gone viral.
Mark Robinson did not bring prepared remarks to the meeting but had a blistering response to speakers who had preceded him and essentially nuked the gun-grabby City Council members. Continue reading
The news that the March For Our Lives had been set up as a 501(c)4 hit the news cycle a week or two ago.
What’s most interesting to me is how fast they received their non-profit status. Continue reading
Homicide is the act of a human being causing the death of another human being. The words ‘only a gun’ can accomplish this act are not found in this definition, nor does it state that an object other the human being is to blame. It is just that simple. Continue reading
The son of New Mexico state legislator, Democrat Stephanie Maez, has been charged in a drive-by shooting. Continue reading
This is a reposting of my DaTechGuy Article: About That Vegas Shooting Spree
By A.P. Dillon
Another case of Right wingers on a shooting spree. Or not. Continue reading
The following is a guest post by reader Darren Davis. This is not a paid submission and may not necessarily represent the views of LadyLiberty1885.com. It is an opinion article. Inquiries or submissions from readers can be sent to TheLL1885@gmail.com
The Way the Media Manipulates the Way We Think About Guns
By Darren Davis
America is at war right now. There are people that are fighting tooth and nail to deny our right to the 2nd Amendment. There is no way we can deny that there has been an abundance of violence lately. We have the shooting in Aurora, the Sandy Hook Shooting, the shooting of Trayvon Martin, the list goes on and on. As tragic as these events are, the media seems to be looking at things the wrong way. By doing this, we have legislators that are actually suggesting that we place limits on our right to bears arms. This reaction is heavy-handed and isn’t going to solve the actual problem. Continue reading