LL1885 on Social Media
LATEST LL1885 POSTS
- The Name Shirley Teter Should Be On Every NC Media Site. It’s Not.
- Obamacare Is Killing North Carolina. BCBS NC Raises Rates AGAIN.
- More Cases of Mythical Voter Fraud Emerge
- Buncombe Dept. of Social Services: Baby Brokers in Child Adoption Market
- Who is really suing the McCrory Administration over Public Records?
ARCHIVES BY CATEGORY
Sign the Petition. Tell Gov. McCrory To Stop Common Core
Category Archives: Government
Buncombe Dept. of Social Services: Baby Brokers in Child Adoption Market
By Lisa Baldwin
Buncombe’s Department of Social Services (DSS) is riddled with heart-wrenching problems related to child placement.
After a federal review of Children’s Protective Services cases in Buncombe and ten other North Carolina counties, the state was fined $1.7 million. An “improvement plan” will be put into place but not before multiple families are torn apart. Continue reading
One of the tentacles created by Dodd-Frank was sliced into this week. By tentacle, I mean the federal Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB).
A three judge panel in the District of Columbia’s Court of Appeals ruled that the CFPB’s leadership structure was unconstitutional. Right now, the CFPB is headed up by a single man, Richard Cordray.
In an article at Conservative review , Hans von Spakovsky notes that the court recognized most agencies had boards or commissioners who act as a check and balance on one another. The CFPB has no such oversight.
While this is a win, don’t get too excited though. Read on. Continue reading