A.P Dillon on Social Media
Got PayPal? Donate Today!
Donate Other Ways
Got News? Get the Newsletter.
LATEST LL1885 POSTS
- #WCPSS Updates: Enrollment wanes, EdCamp Equity, Board member lie caught on camera, Green Hope fights to keep Dance
- #NCED Updates: Predator problems in New Hanover persist, Guilford buses kids to the polls, School choice and more
- New Hanover substitute teacher arrested for peeing in a cup in front of students
- #WCPSS Updates: District won’t turn over MVP Math docs, Enrollment estimates drop, and magnet priorities
- NCED Updates: New Hanover Predators, Istation, Common Core, Leandro, NCAE & Elections
- #WCPSS Updates: Another “Equity” camp, Literacy, a brawl and other headlines
- #NCED Updates: School Choice Week, NCAE Strike, Istation updates and Teacher Turnover
ARCHIVES BY CATEGORY
Category Archives: Non-Profit
What Red4EdNC is not: organic or grassroots.
What Red4EdNC is: A politically partisan “education non-profit” formed by NCAE members and members of the NCAE’s radical Social Justice Caucus, Organize 2020. Continue reading
Another day, another “education non-profit” is born. This time it’s in North Carolina’s own backyard and appears to involve NC State Superintendent Mark Johnson and featuring an appearance by Jeb! Continue reading
Some quick hits in North Carolina education news from the end of March include some legislative updates, threats to schools continues to skyrocket, questions on what is the right level of security at schools, and Roy Cooper says he will push for teacher pay to be raised to the national average – which keeps rising each year. Continue reading
Common Core loving educrats and big biz are coming out of the woodwork these days in North Carolina.
First it was the clueless Wake County School Board stomping their foot and attacking parents who advocated for their child. Then it was the News and Observer’s equally clueless and insulting Editorial board.
Now it’s yet another “education non-profit” racing to protect a set of experimental and fundamentally flawed standards.
Last night over at the News and Observer, an article dropped about “education non-profit” WakeEd Partnership’s outrage that the NC Common Core Commission might actually be fulfilling their assigned task.
KEEP READING… So Much Stupid. So Little Time. Continue reading
Technology is not going away nor should it. Digital Learning is coming to states everywhere, including North Carolina. There are many pros and cons surrounding Digital Learning.
What I want to talk about is where the push for Digital Learning is coming from and how it is connected to North Carolina. There are some key players, history and money influences that are driving legislation in our state; specifically HB660.
Buckle up, this is not light reading and this will be a multi-part series. Continue reading
Yesterday, Michelle Malkin wrote about Teach for America’s Professional Agitators over at Townhall.com.
In the article, Malkin lays out the connections between Teach for America (TFA) and the coordinated protests in places like Durham, Ferguson, Baltimore and now in McKinney, Texas. Continue reading
Does Progress NC Have A Problem With Latinos?
Listen to the audio and decide. Continue reading