A.P Dillon on Social Media
Got PayPal? Donate Today!
Donate Other Ways
Got News? Get the Newsletter.
LATEST LL1885 POSTS
- Onslow County middle school teacher arrested for indecent liberties with students
- Morehead City area teacher arrested for sexual battery
- #WCPSS Updates: More OEA Holiday lesson nonsense and parents protest student reassignment
- #NCED Updates: NCAE hides membership again, a Renewal School District Explainer, General Assembly updates & more
- Guilford County Teacher charged with rape of student; held on $2.5M bond
- Durham teacher charged with attempting to kill husband with a knife
- Elizabeth Warren called out by #SchoolChoice Parents at Rally
ARCHIVES BY CATEGORY
Search Results for: HB657
Yesterday, the Senate at the General Assembly worked on HB 657. The bill would make changes to high school math in North Carolina by offering a traditional math alternative in addition to to Common Core Integrated math. Continue reading
“The business community’s input and needs were heard and clearly addressed in the high school math standards approved by the State Board.”
– NC Chamber of Commerce 6/14/16
The business community’s needs and input are far more important than that of parents and students. Continue reading
Parents, the same forces that came out to kill the Academic Standards Review Commission’s (ASRC) math recommendations have now come back out to try to kill HB 657.
CC ED Potemkin VillageIt’s basically the same groups who pressured various members of the ASRC to attack the Math work group leader, Dr. Scheick.
GET YOUR COFFEE.. THIS IS A LONG ONE… Continue reading
DPI sent out a ‘Legislative Alert’ email, titled, Oppose HB 657 Taking Math Backwards.
Why does DPI hate parents and students, yet defends Common Core like it’s made of Gold? Continue reading
An education non-profit known for recruiting teachers to promote Common Core in the political arena has received a large grant from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.
In June of 2016, Hope Street Group received a grant for $2,650,003 for the purpose of ‘training teachers on policy’ and working on ‘perception improvements’. Continue reading
The North Carolina General Assembly (NCGA) was not fooled by the NC Department of Public Instruction’s (DPI) attempt to make cosmetic changes to Common Core’s high school Integrated math.
The NCGA set up a bill that lined up with the findings of the Academic Standards Review Commission (ASRC). The NCGA’s proposed bill initially replaced the Integrated math. View the Bill: HB 657. Continue reading
Earlier today I wrote about the NC Department of Public Instruction (DPI) hitting the panic button over the legislature not buying their re-write of the Common Core Integrated math for high school.
Well, DPI wasn’t the only one swinging into action. Continue reading