Highlights: Teacher pay stats, School choice narratives begin, Congress Passes ESSA to see what is in it, Not A homeschool updates, Higher Ed salaries revealed.
Also a BIG story -NCAE ‘refused’ to give info to NC State Auditor.
Reminders: FINAL Common Core Meeting is DECEMBER 18th.
The Big Story: According to the NC State Auditor’s report, NCAE “refused to furnish information”regarding the verification of their membership.
— A.P. Dillon – LL1885 (@LadyLiberty1885) December 11, 2015
This is a big deal and this fight over the NCAE dues check off goes back to around 2012. Check back here at LL1885 for more links and backstory later this morning.
- Study: Wake County schools generate billions of dollars for economy
If one school district is ‘generating billions of dollars for economy’, that’s a maybe a sign it’s TOO BIG.
- Former school principal Greg Ford running for Board of Commissioners seat
- Defamation lawsuit continues against former Brunswick County superintendent
- Average teacher pay statistics are misleading
- The Every Student Succeeds Act was rammed through by the House & Senate and Obama signed it. Four more years of the old NCLB pig with new lipstick on it.
- Congress Had To Pass ESEA To See What Was In It
NOT A HOMESCHOOL
- Parents say indecent photos of son shared at #CMS middle school using App, Kik.
- 78 YO N.C. substitute bus driver resigns after bus dragged 6 YO girl nearly a mile
- Paving the way toward privatization
Alternate title: How DARE parents demand school choice! Read the comment I left on it.
- School board chair admits school choice improves quality
Related: Choice Media highlights Benton’s remarks
More: But changes in law are result of demand for more
#schoolchoice & #wcpss should acknowledge instead of blameshifting.
- Charlotte is not a “choice-friendly” city