The Boston Marathon bombing has found some closure with the capture of Dzhokhar Tsarnaev. Stories are running non-stop on he and his brother, Tamerlan, as more information on the pair comes to light. We’d like to return to the original ‘person of interest’, a Saudi national that was being questioned in the hospital after being injured by the blast at the finish line.
Abdulrahman Ali Alharbi is being called the ‘catch and release’ person of interest for a variety of reasons not tied to the actual bombing, but due to his visa, being on the No-Fly list, and apparently was classified with a 212 3B terrorist status by DHS. The Blaze has the details and key points laid out:
For the past week, Glenn Beck has been investigating a Saudi national once identified as a “person of interest” in the Boston Marathon bombing. The story has taken a number of alarming twists and turns, but on his radio program Wednesday, Beck released some of the most interesting information yet.
But first, here are a few background points on how the case developed:
- A Saudi national originally identified as a “person of interest” in the Boston Marathon bombing was set to be deported under section 212, 3B — “Security and related grounds” — “Terrorist activities” after the bombing on April 15
- TheBlaze received word that the government may not deport the Saudi national — identified as Abdul Rahman Ali Alharbi — as the story gained traction on April 18.
- Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano refused to answer questions on the subject by Rep. Jeff Duncan (R-SC) on Capitol Hill on April 18, saying the inquiry was “so full of misstatements and misapprehension that it’s just not worthy of an answer.”
- An ICE official said April 18 that a different Saudi national is in custody, but that he is “in no way” connected to the bombings.
- Key congressmen of the Committee on Homeland Security request a classified briefing with Napolitano on April 22
- New info provided to TheBlaze reveals Alharbi’s file was altered on the evening of April 17 to disassociate him from the initial charges
- Sources say April 22 that the Saudi’s student visa specifically allows him to go to school in Findlay, Ohio, though he appears to have an apartment in Boston, Mass. A DHS official told TheBlaze Alharbi properly transferred his student visa to a school in Massachusetts.
- TheBlaze sources reveal April 22 that Alharbi was put on a terror watchlist after the bombing, andNapolitano confirmed on April 23 that he was briefly on a “watchlist”
Gateway Pundit has the White House visitor log showing someone with the same name visiting the White House multiple times. The White House says it is a different Alharbi with the same name and initials. Probably a coincidence, but admittedly a creepy one given the First Lady was seemingly photographed visiting Alharbi in the hospital.
Also of note, though it might mean nothing, is the Facebook Page belonging to Abdulrahman Ali Alharbi bears that name on the cover, but the link to it gives a different last name. Here is the web address to it: https://www.facebook.com/abdulrahman.a.alsulaimi
AlSulaimi? Could be nothing, but it bears following up on.
We’d like to turn your attention now to the alleged ties of the Boston Alharbi to the prisoners in GITMO bearing the same clan name of Alharbi. Liberty Speaks ran down the list of names that came from Walid Shoebat’s blog via Creeping Sharia:
Then you have Al-Harbi clan members in Gitmo:
Salim Salman Awadallah Al-Sai’di Al-Harbi
Majid Abdullah Hussein Al-Harbi
Muhammad Abdullah Saqr Al-Alawi Al-Harbi
Ghanem Abdul Rahman Ghanem Al-Harbi
Muhammad Atiq Uwaid Al-Awfi Al-Harbi
Liberty Speaks found that all of these detainees have been repatriated, according to the Guantanamo Justice Centre:
- Salim Salman Awadallah Al-Sai’di Al-Harbi ISN 57: Repatriated to Saudi Arabia in December 16th, 2006
- Majid Abdullah Hussein Al-Harbi ISN 158: Repatriated to Saudi Arabia February 20, 2007
- Muhammad Abdullah Saqr Al-Alawi Al-Harbi ISN 536: Repatriated to Saudi Arabia February 20, 2007
- Ghanem Abdul Rahman Ghanem Al-Harbi ISN 516: Repatriated to Saudi Arabia July 15th, 2007
- Muhammad Atiq Uwaid Al-Awfi Al-Harbi ISN 333: Repatriated to Saudi Arabia Nov. 9th, 2007
Liberty Speaks also found a 6th that was not on the original list from the Creeping Sharia article referenced above:
6. Tariq Sallah Hassan Al Harbi ISN 265: Repatriated to Saudi Arabia June 24th, 2006
Also of note, Obama had a meeting with Saudi Foreign Minister two days after the bombing, but kept it off his public schedule – suggesting it was impromptu. The White House said it was a meeting regarding Syria. Tom Donilon, the National Security Advisor was present.
There’s something very off about all of this — off and unsettling. Did this Alharbi person have something to do with what happened in Boston or was he just in the wrong place at the right time, which put him under the microscope and ultimately exposing there are serious issues with our immigration and visa system?