Last night was the first State of the Union address of Obama’s second term. It contained all of the things expected of it – class warfare rhetoric, green energy pushes, education, more spending, more taxing and, of course, gun control. What was missing in the gun control portion was any mention of hero Chris Kyle.
The speech almost unilaterally ignored our debt. That figured, because “we don’t have a spending problem.” Obama also returned to jobs, but given he has dissolved his jobs council, one has to wonder yet again how serious he is about it. Also, of note, is the Cybersecurity Executive Order Obama unveiled. It looks like Obama plans to implement SOPA with the swipe of a pen. Will anyone stop him? Certainly our media won’t.
SOTU 2013 Overall: He Blew It.
Per my usual roundup of such affairs, the video, transcripts and useful links are below.
VIDEO HIGHLIGHTS (links to video):
- Obama: Time to raise minimum wage to $9
- Obama: “Fix it first” program
- Obama: We must “invest” in manufacturing.
- Obama: Time to pass immigration reform (again)
- Obama: Gabby Giffords deserves a vote
- Obama: Preschool Proposal
- Obama: Medicare
- Obama: Tax reform won’t be easy (so he’ll likely chicken out)
- Obama: Afghan Troop withdrawl
- Obama: More harsh language on N. Korea, no action
THE USEFUL LINKS:
- IBD – Obama Peddles a Dangerous Fantasy About the Debt Crisis
- ConMom – #SOTU 2013: More Government, More Taxes, More Debt. Less Freedom. (Lots of links)
- Free Beacon – Cruz: Obama Did Not Propose a Single Spending Cut
- PJ Tatler – SOTU: When the President Delivers Sound Bites, 140-Character Responses Come Easy
- PJ Media – Big Government, Executive Actions, More Programs, AWOL Spending Cuts
- Doug Ross – Larwyn’s Linx: Obama’s SOTU: We Must, We Might, I Want
- Breitbart – Socialism: as easy as 1-2-3
- Daily Caller – Citizen Obama
- RedState – Healthcare Paid for With Unicorn Farts
- Foundry – Heritage Experts Analyze the State of the Union
- Reason – Three State of the Union Visions: Obama, Rubio and Paul
- Reason – Obama Calls For Modest Health Reforms, Spends More Time Ruling Them Out
- Moe Lane – Hi, Democrats. Be afraid.
- Hot Air – The Laundry List Event
- The Right Scoop – Van Jones: Marco Rubio is dangerous for Democrats
- MOTUS – SO TU, Brute?