Chicago Warzone Post-Fourth Of July Update: 5 Dead, 21 wounded

The day before the Fourth of July I posted an update on the violence in Chicago. At that time there were 15 injured due to gun fire. Post- Fourth of July, we have 5 dead and 21 wounded city wide. These appear to be new and separate from the 15 injured I previously reported on.

The death toll in Chicago now stands at 264. That number is based on the 254 count since the start of 2012 as reported by The Chicago Tribune in June, plus the 10 dead since that report.

From the Chicago Sun Times:

Updated: July 5, 2012 7:46AM

Five men were killed and at least 21 were wounded in separate shootings from Wednesday morning to early Thursday.

The first fatality occurred about 10:30 a.m. Wednesday, when Robert Snipes, 31, was shot in the arm and back during an argument with another man in the 1700 block of North Pulaski Road, authorities said.

Snipes, of the 200 block of North Kostner Avenue, was taken to Mount Sinai Hospital, were he later died.

At 11:20 p.m., a 35-year-old man was found dead with a gunshot wound to the head in the 100 block of East 68th Street, according to police News Affairs. Police said the man was shot during an attempted robbery.

Antonio Givan, 35, of the 6900 block of South Emerald Avenue, was dead on the scene, according to the Cook County Medical Examiner’s office.

About 11:22 p.m., Corey Parker, 27, of the 7800 block of South Laflin Street, was found dead with gunshot wounds to the head and chest in the 1500 block of West 78th Street, authorities said, adding that the man’s name was not immediately available.

About 2:05 a.m. Thursday, Anthony Suarez, 27, of the 4600 block of South Paulina Street, was shot and in a gang-related, drive-by shooting, authorities said. He was pronounced dead at 2:44 a.m. at John H. Stroger Jr. Hospital of Cook County, according to the medical examiner’s office.

At 3:39 a.m. an 18-year-old man was found fatally shot in the chest in the 4800 block of West St. Paul Avenue, police said.

The teenager had not been identified Thursday morning.

Among the 21 wounded in separate shootings throughout the city was a 32-year-old man shot in the abdomen at Washington Park.

Police said the shooting took place in the 5500 block of South Cottage Grove Avenue about 9:32 p.m. Wednesday.

Paramedics took the man to John H. Stroger Jr. Hospital of Cook County, were he was listed in serious condition, police said.

 

Advertisements

About A.P. Dillon

A.P. Dillon is a Co-Founder and Managing Editor at American Lens. She resides in the Triangle area of North Carolina and is the founder of LadyLiberty1885.com. Her past writing can also be found at IJ review, Breitbart, FOX news, Da Tech Guy Blog, Heartland Institute, Civitas Institute and StopCommonCoreNC.org. Find her on Twitter: @APDillon_
This entry was posted in Acts of Violence and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

2 Responses to Chicago Warzone Post-Fourth Of July Update: 5 Dead, 21 wounded

  1. Pingback: Chicago Warzone Post-Fourth Of July Update: 5 Dead, 21 wounded … - sinai-hospital

  2. Pingback: Chicago Warzone Update: 3 More Dead and 7 Injured | Lady Liberty 1885

Comments are closed.