I’ve been linking to the bloodbath in Mexico for almost two years now. My Morning Links usually carry at least 2 links a week of multiple dismembered or decapitated bodies. The news here is not carrying it. I have to dig for local border town station reports and often end up at Borderland Beat. They are an excellent resource.
US Warns Citizens on Travel to Mexico after Cartel Arrests
Mexico City – The U.S. Embassy in Mexico City is warning American citizens of the possibility of a surge in violence in the wake of the arrests in the United States of several people linked to the Los Zetas drug cartel.
A security message posted on the Web site of the U.S. Consulate in Matamoros, a city in the northeastern Mexican state of Tamaulipas, warns travelers of “the enhanced potential for violence” following the arrest Tuesday of Jose Treviño Morales and several associates.
So we get a warning after cartel arrests? Not after the thousands slaughtered, blown up, beheaded or dismembered? Anyone buying DHS shtick that our borders are safe? Right.
Build the fence and put soldiers on it. Dig the moat and put sharks in it. Now.
- Zeta Cartel Strikes in Sinaloa: Seven Dismembered Bodies Found
- VERACRUZ: 14 Dismembered Bodies Discovered in Truck
- Mexico’s two major crime cartels now at war
- Mexico: 60 dead so far in June
- Mexico: 15 found dead in S. Tamaulipas
- Nine bodies hung from bridge in Mexican border town
- Excellent news: 23 bodies discovered either hanging from bridges or decapitated in “secure as it’s ever been” border area
- 49 more mutilated bodies dumped on Mexico Highway
- 14 dismembered bodies left in front of Ciudad Mante City Hall