I’ve maintained a running argument with Mr. Liberty over whether or not Obama was an aloof, faculty lounge elitist snob surrounded by nothing but nodding ‘yes’ men and women or if everything he does is planned and on purpose. With optics as bad as his have been, one might think the former. I have maintained the latter.
The Obama campaign has released a trailed for it’s very own little bio-pic called “The Road We’ve Traveled”. I’ve watched it a few times and found myself unsettled by it more each time. It seemed familiar and the narration by Tom Hanks reminded me more of a professional propaganda piece than anything else. I don’t think I am alone in that assessment.
Have a look:
The familiar, deja-vu type feeling became a light bulb over my head when a reader posted a list from a book written by Stuart Chase, called “The Road We Are Traveling“. The post included a list called ‘Political System X’. This struck a chord with me as well and I started digging, trying to remember more. I had a vague memory of my high school social studies teacher mentioning this, but like many of us I had blacked out a lot of what went on in high school. ( I had a great teacher, by the way. They don’t make them like him anymore.) Anyway, this is what I found and confirmed about Political System X was exactly as my reader had posted. It involved 18 components necessary in remaking a political system.
It’s worth noting that Stuart was a big fan of Fabian Socialism. There was also speculation that The New Deal was, in part, based on Stuart’s writings and ideas.
After reading this list, I now know why Obama’s trailer creeps me out so badly. Political System X reads like Obama’s wish list. He has achieved almost half of these (1-7, and arguably 18 – the MSM is willing participant) and is working to get the missing ones implemented. Number 8 has a spin to it, he’s trying to control Gold first while simultaneously devaluing the dollar. 17 is the only one I saw that I couldn’t readily think of an obvious example of, however General Motors did float into that train of thought.
Here is the list and the items I saw as “in progress” have hyperlinks to related stories:
Political System X:
1. A strong, centralized government.
2. An executive arm growing at the expense of the legislative and judicial arms.
3. The control of banking, credit and security exchanges by the government.
4. The underwriting of employment by the government, either through armaments or public works.
5. The underwriting of social security by the government – old-age pensions, mothers’ pensions, unemployment insurance, and the like.
6. The underwriting of food, housing, and medical care, by the government.
7. The use of deficit spending to finance these underwritings.
12. The control of transportation.
17. Control of industry without ownership.
UPDATE 3-18-12: Looks like #17 is now in play: Executive Order — National Defense Resources Preparedness | The White House