The Lady’s Recent Articles:
- A Fine Mess – Syracuse Fires Asst. Coach Bernie Fine
- Giving Thanks – Thank you to my readers
- Some Thanksgiving Treats – Some fun tidbits for you
The Lady’s Picks:
- Happy Thanksgiving: Did you miss the Thanksgiving White House visitor log document dump?
- Merry Christmas: Secular Left’s intolerance of religious freedom
- Happy New Year: Barney Frank to Retire. Possibly Related: Democrat calls for hearing on ‘secret’ bank loans from Federal Reserve.
- Dems Always Change the Rules when They Lose: Reid Co-Sponsors Bill to Ban Law Enforcement Use of Racial Profiling Related: Now even ‘undocumented’ is not PC.
- Big Ba-da-doom: Massive explosion reportedly heard and felt near Iranian Nuke facility.
- Another WaPo Lie by Omission: Fisking WaPo
- Muslims First: Obama’s Leftist Foreign Policy Dilemma
- Yes, He Is: ABC’s Tapper To Carney: Looks Like Obama “Is Campaigning On Taxpayer Dime. I wish Tapper would ask about the money funneled to ACORN.
- Smell of Desperation: Obama Campaign selling access to cabinet members and their list of celeb friends for $5k a pop. Looks like Dinner with Barack wasn’t such a big fundraising hit or they need a new campaign slogan.
- Obama Girl’s Private Jets: Indictments target Perdue campaign
- What media bias?:WaPo Genius Aaron Blake tweets asking for dirt on Newt.
The Must Read of the Day:
Hooded Progressivism: The secret reformist history of the Ku Klux Klan
“Above all, it was a fundamentally modern movement. It was inspired by a movie, advanced through advertising, and organized with techniques that might have been employed by a corporate sales force. In the early ’20s it had between 1.5 and 5 million members, many of them at the center of political power. The Klan controlled the governments of Indiana, Oregon, and Colorado, elected other politicians across the country, and played a major role in the Democratic convention of 1924; its members included future president Harry Truman and future Supreme Court justice Hugo Black. Early scholars assumed that the secret society was overwhelmingly rural, fundamentalist, and driven—in one sociologist’s words—by the “petty impotence of the small-town mind.” Two waves of revisionist scholarship have destroyed those assumptions.”
“The Klan of the ’20s, she wrote, “was at once mainstream and extreme, hostile to big business and antagonistic to labor unions, anti-elitist and hateful of blacks and immigrants, pro-law and order and prone to extralegal violence. If scholars have viewed these attributes as incompatible, Klansmen themselves did not.”
Also, read this related piece “Making the Klan Boring“. Interesting no? Liberals, progressives and Dems just love their revisionist history.
- Mad Libs Part VII
- The mother of all co-opts: Chuck Schumer and Miley Cyrus can’t be wrong
- Competent to Stand Trial. There goes the Left media’s “he’s crazy” narrative they pumped out the moment Oscar Ramiro Ortega-Hernandez’s name was released.
- 3 Arrested as Occupy LA is Cleared. More here. I’m sure they’ll be right back – hell some of them never left (video here). The occupoopers there also have filed for a restraining order. That figured – wonder which liberal activist judge will grant it?
- Looks Like Philly didn’t get booted either. Shocker.
- V is for Varnishing
- Wall Street attendance is sparse these days.
- Punish your enemies: After Demanding Refund From City, Richmond Tea Party Gets Letter – “You’re Being Audited”. I find this hardly coincidental.
- Poop Party?: Occupiers announce the formation of new political party. Would that make their supporters party poopers?
- Peaceful Occupod pulls a knife in Boston.
- #Occupy Goons Tased & Dragged From WA Capital Building (video)
- #Occupy OKC Shut Down After Remaining Hoboes Get Drunk & Beat Security Guard
- Police Find Body Armor, Rocks, Projectiles and Machetes During #Occupy Portland Raid (Video)
Peace and Tolerance:
- Pakistan: Day #2: Pakistanis Continue To Burn Effigy of Obama
- Israel: Rockets fired from Lebanon hit inside Israeli border.
- Iran: Iran moves to expel British ambassador; legislators chant “Death to England”
- UK: Muslim students, including trainee doctors, walking out on lectures on evolution
- US: Bahraini bank buying “Shariah-compliant” real estate…in the U.S.
- MN: Terror-linked CAIR attacks Muslims Trying to Educate Minn. Police Depts (video)
- Saudi Arabia: Saudi judge rules 47-year old’s marriage to 8-year-old girl legal
- US: Unsold Halalballs
Laugh or Cry, this is the Video Of The Day:
At first, I thought this was a trailer for a remake of St. Elmo’s Fire or something. Turns out this is a promo for Morning Joe on MSNBC… and they wonder why their ratings suck.