The Lady’s Recent Articles:
- Swagger to Spare <– Misfit Politics launches its site.
- Calm like a bomb
- A letter to the 99%
- They Said What?! – October 2011
- Mad Libs Part III
- The Friday Focus – To Catch a Journalist
The Lady’s Picks:
- Grumpy Old Militiamen: 4 men accused of planning attacks appear in court. “The men wore glasses and had graying or white hair, and had trouble hearing a judge during the proceedings, even though she was using a microphone.” They are 73, 67, 65 and 68 years old. I’m having a hard time believing this one.
- God Demagoguery: Obama rips Republicans for vote on ‘In God We Trust’ motto. “That’s not putting people back to work,” Obama said. “I trust in God, but God wants to see us help ourselves by putting people to work.” To Obama, I would respond “God Helps those who Help themselves.” Apt choice, given the troubles in Greece at the moment which under his stewardship we will likely mimic. More here with video.
- Energygate: Solyndra Execs Cashed in Before Bankruptcy
- President Food Stamps: Food Stamps usage rose to 15% of our population, or 45.8 million, in August. Related: “I think we are better of now than we would have been if I hadn’t taken all the steps that we took”. Some scary charts here.
- High Cost of Healthcare: Brooklyn, N.Y., Medicare Fraud Strike Force Charges 12 Individuals for Participating in Health Care Fraud Schemes Totaling More Than $95 Million. I’ve posted dozens of these in the last 6 months and have maintained fraud is a leading cause of increasing costs for the rest of us.
- More Flotilla Fail: Gaza flotilla organizers to Haaretz: Plan kept secret until last minute.
- UK Assuming the Position: UK military steps up plans for Iran attack amid fresh nuclear fears. Makes sense since no one has the nuts to take Iran out.
- Stock Market Dive: The Greek Referendum Meltdown
- Newest Addition to ‘Resist We Much’ Line up at MSNBC: Meghan McRino.
- Behold the awesome that is Allen West.
The “Must Read” Article:
It’s a must listen and an article this time. The first podcast of Misfit Politics.
Which is why phrases like “wage slaves,” “inescapable debt,” and “force” “force” “force” leave me feeling like a brother from another planet. Adult human beings have agency, the ability (even responsibility!) to run their own cost/benefit analyses and choose accordingly. You could go to a state school (or community college) instead of an over-inflated prestige mill. You could pay for a 10-year-old car in cash, instead of a new one on installments. You could try to make it in Minneapolis before living the dream in Williamsburg. You could stare into the face of a no-money-down, adjustable rate 30-year mortgage at the tail end of a housing-price run-up and conclude “Maybe that one’s not for me.” You could even choose to turn down a bad if high-paying job when you’re living below the poverty line. If we indeed live in a “candid world,” let us state bluntly that offloading 100% of the blame for your own mountain of debt on a group of Greedy McBanksters who “forced” you to “play by the rules” is more than a little pathetic.
- Oakland – Scott ‘Ihatethemarines.com’ Olsen’s injuries not caused by police.
- Oakland – Protesters rioted again overnight; smashed bank windows, vandalized stores and threw homemade bombs at police. More here w/ pictures and video. There is more from Michelle Malkin on the take over of a sea port.
- Oakland – More pictures that won’t make the MSM. Yep, Teamsters were there.
- Oakland – Idiot parents bringing kids to ows.
- Seattle – More rioting and arrests.
- Wall Street – OWS protester arrested for sexually assaulting two women. More on this ‘nice guy’ here. Wonder if he made the new total of Arrest at 3,053.
- More evidence of Capitalism at OWS – DC Occupy starts putting out Occupied WaPo paper with it’s donations.
- Boston – Need some drugs? One less drug dealer at OWS; busted selling to cop.
- Facts and Fiction.
- Trustfundies and the Opulent Occupiers
- Tea Party Versus #Occupy Checklist
- More Radical Endorsements: ‘Occupy Wall Street’ – Reactions and Support in the Arab & Muslim World: Egyptian Tahrir Square Protest Leader Visits Occupy Wall Street, Leads Chants In Arabic of ‘The People Want to Topple the Regime’
- Iran: ‘The United States Will Fall’ — Iranian Students Demonstrate in Support of ‘Occupy Wall Street,’ and Hold News Conference at Former U.S. Embassy in Tehran
- OccupyPortland Protesters Unhappy with Loss of Private Property Rights: “This Place has Gone to Shit” (Video – NSFW language)
- Occupy Tulsa
- NYPD Officer: Crime and Sexual assault more widespread than even they think.
- Debate Schedule
Saturday, 8 pm EST – Cain v Gingrich doing a Lincoln/Douglas Style debate. C-SPAN will cover it.
- Cain: AP Exclusive: Third worker says harassed by Cain. Again I ask, where were these people a year ago when he announced? The Accuser wants to talk. I say let her, either this is crap like we all suspect or Cain has a big problem.
- Protesters Slam Romney $2,500/Plate Fundraiser. No word on how they feel about Obama’s $38,500 a head series of fundraisers though.
- Paul: Will likely pull a Ross Perot if Romney is nominee. If he does we can all blame him for Barry getting re-elected. This is to all you Paul fans out there, if you love your country, discourage this. Have some common sense for the Love of God.
Vote In Lady Liberty’s Poll:
Peace and Tolerance:
- Egypt: Muslim Beheads Pregnant Fiance in Honor Killing
- FL: Court upholds convictions of 5 in jihad plot
- Louisiana: Man who funneled $700K to Syria convicted
- France: Magazine firebombed for cartoon of Mohammed.
- Geller: Big Sis gives Muslim Brotherhood secret clearance
- CelebJihad Site to Taylor Swift: Convert to Islam and We’ll Remove Nude Photo
Laugh or Cry, this is the Video Of The Day:
This is how CNN covers a Tea Party event:
This is how CNN covers Occupy Wall Street: