The Lady’s Recent Articles:
- Swagger to Spare <– Misfit Politics launches its site.
- Calm like a bomb
- A letter to the 99%
- They Said What?! – October 2011
- Mad Libs Part III
- The Friday Focus – To Catch a Journalist
The Lady’s Picks:
- Big Brother taken to a whole new level. Click here.
- 1st Amendment Violation: Senate Democrats propose to amend the Constitution to keep corporate money out of campaigns [VIDEO]
- Culture of Corruption: NYTimes pretends Corzine isn’t a Dem. Obama donor. More here.
- 99% Mob: Democracy vs Mob Rule
- LOLBAMA PT 75
- Joe Wilson was right: YOU LIE.
- High Speed Fail: CA high speed rail project estimated way beyond original costs and time — 100 Billion and 20 years.
- This Exists: Actor Matthew Modine’s New Film Asserts: ‘Jesus Was a Commie’
- Build the damn fence.
- More waste: 2.2 million to study food packages.
- Greek Global Tragedy: Greece teeters on the edge of full meltdown.
- Behold the awesome that is Allen West.
- You can’t make this stuff up, Pelosi is for forcing unionization:
The “Must Read” Article:
“But none of this says anything about what Cowen has dubbed the “personal well-being gap”—the only gap that matters. Indeed, this gap, which measures the difference between basic goods that average people and gazillionaires like Bill Gates can afford, has been steadily closing. Gates might have personal physicians, private jets, and multiple computers. But thanks to technology-driven increases in productivity, almost everyone can afford bypass surgery, vacations and Internet access.”
“This allows more Americans to be “threshold earners”: After they reach a certain income level, they can trade more work for greater leisure, a luxury that only the filthy rich enjoy in poor countries. Were this not the case, the ranks of the Zuccotti Park protesters might have been thinner by about a third. A recent survey by business analyst Harrison Schultz and Baruch College professor Hector Cordero-Guzman found that about 30 percent of them had individual incomes between $50,000 and $150,000-plus (about the same percentage as are under- and unemployed). These people have obviously decided that they have enough money, and that they’d rather use their spare time protesting than working. Surplus wealth, then, is driving the Occupy Wall Street movement as much as the alleged growth of income inequality.”
- Reid echoes Occupy Wall Street on Senate Floor. Watch more of this jackwagon here.
- 3,025 Arrests. Yup, just like the Tea Party.
- #Occupy Portland Goons Draw Swastika on MLK Jr.’s Forehead (Video)
- The Oakland Police are very confused. So am I. More here.
- All 5 Occupiers in Boulder. Heh.
- Bloomberg to OWS: Congress caused the mortgage crisis, not the banks. Oh wow, he got one right!
- Oh joy: Occupiers flock to health clinics with STD concerns
- Misery loves company: Cafe Laid Off 21 Workers Because of Occupy Wall Street, Owner Says
- iOwnTheWorld: Bill Maher Explains OWS Big Fear. Another Gem here.
- MN: Occupy costing 100k a week. Between ows and the teachers/union clean up, any savings made in their budget just flew away.
- Smithsonian collecting OWS objects. I’d hazard mainly garbage and poo.
- Debate Schedule
Saturday, 8 pm EST – Cain v Gingrich doing a Lincoln/Douglas Style debate. C-SPAN will cover it.
- Cain Updates: Iowa and the Cain Allegations , “Politico failure to respond raises questions”, Mark Block Says Cain Had Best-Ever Fundraising Day
- No Duh? Rick Perry: “I hate debates”
Vote In Lady Liberty’s Poll:
Peace and Tolerance:
- Alert Ron Paul so he can be outraged: Another American Jihadist may have been killed by drone strike.
- Raymond Ibrahim: Egypt’s Massacre of Christians — What the Media Does Not Want You To Know
- Syria: Another Syria-Pakistan nuke link emerges
- $20M of your tax dollars spent on Pakistani Sesame Street
- Victimhood: White House Battles Imaginary Bullying of Muslims