The Lady’s Recent Articles:
- A letter to the 99%
- They Said What?! – October 2011
- Mad Libs Part III
- The Friday Focus – To Catch a Journalist
The Lady’s Picks:
- Captain EO: Chairman Obama signs another Executive Order.
- Hey hey, Ho ho: Work 1 day, get a 100k pension. Where are the 99% now?
- President Peace Prize: US knew of Prison abuse in Afghanistan in 2009.
- What your Student Loan pays for: When a Professor Shouts, Death to Israel.
- Obama’s Top Bundler: Full MF Global Bankruptcy Petition… In Which We Find That Corzine’s Bankrupt Firm Owes CNBC $845,397? Gee, wonder if that was why coverage was favorable until the moment then announced bankruptcy?
- President ‘Love Me’: Rasumussen has Perry 46% and Obama 42% in WI.
- Energygate: The latest energy loan recipient to declare bankruptcy is Beacon.
- Level Playing Field: Pressure from LGBT community gets Religious adoption agency shut down. This story ticked me off.
- Holder Suing Another State: This time SC for Immigration reform.
- Fast and Furious: Holder dumps new Fast and Furious docs as 11 more congressmen call for his resignation. More here.
- Eat your Peas: Dood Frank Claims another victim.
- Obamanation: SECRET SERVICE says, “Barack Obama is the sneakiest president ever” and “Michelle is a hard core racist who hates white people.”
The “Must Read” Article:
Defending his 1981 tax cuts, President Reagan told a packed ballroom at the 1982 Conservative Political Action Conference:
“Since when do we in America believe that our society is made up of two diametrically opposed classes — one rich, one poor — both in a permanent state of conflict and neither able to get ahead except at the expense of the other? … Since when do we in America endorse the politics of envy and division?”
Reagan would go on to beat the class warriors of the ’80s, pushing through landmark tax reform that lowered rates, simplified the tax code and cut the number of tax brackets from 16 down to just two.
Give the whole piece a read and hit ALL of the hyperlinks as well. The article doesn’t mention it, but to be ‘poor in America’ is entirely different than being poor in any other nation in the world. To be blunt, if you’re going to be poverty stricken, the US it the place to do it.
- Baltimore: Woman says she was raped at OWS Baltimore, begs it be shut down.
- Ottawa: Also a the place to be for rape at an OWS camp.
- LA: Warning, video contains nudity – The loons are naked in LA. Solidarity and shrinkage!
- Boston: OWS in Boston is the place to be if you’re into heroin.
- Kansas City: Homeless man dies in OWS tent. Just like the Tea Party.
- OWS: Halloween.
- MoveOn.Org: Organizing a run on banks. Yes, Obama’s own machine is organizing a financial attack.
- NYC’s Occupy Wall St: The Sharia Police, the Imam’s IslamoCON, and the Prayer… More here and here.
- Debate Schedule
- Cain: I was Falsely Accused. The WSJ has now run the story and the 2 women are still anonymous and there is still no documentation anything happened. More here. Rush has this to say and as usual he nails it. Instapundit has some good links too. Hit the first one especially from Jim Treacher at the DC Caller. Instapundit also has some relevant links here.
Vote In Lady Liberty’s Poll:
Peace and Tolerance:
- Egypt: 73 Egyptians get suspended six-month sentences for invading, ransacking Israeli embassy
- Saudi Arabia: Man publicly beheaded for being a ‘sorcerer’.
- Iran: Iran demands Obama apologize for spreading “Iranophobia”
- US: Gingrich: Obama’s policies leading to “anti-Christian spring”
- MN: Somali suicide bomber from Minneapolis: “Do Jihad in America”
- TX: This is REQUIRED viewing – Geller’s Banned Speech in Houston, “Truth is the New Hate Speech” (video)
- US: DHS Gave Secret Clearance to Islamist now Accused of Leaking Classified Data (video)
- Libya: Al-Qaeda Flag Flies Above the Libyan flag in Libya
- Egypt: Christian Student Murdered By Muslim Classmates for Wearing a Cross: “The teacher nearly choked my son and Muslim students joined in the beating”
- France: Muslims Stone Catholic Festival-Goers in France