These are the Morning Links for August 11, 2011
The Lady’s Picks:
- US ‘Day of Rage’ planned.
- Another day on the Roller coaster: The Dow Jones industrial average lost 519.83 points, or 4.62 percent, to 10,719.94. The S&P 500 fell 51.77 points, or 4.42 percent, to 1,120.76. The Nasdaq Composite dropped 101.47 points, or 4.09 percent, to 2,381.05.
- That drop was depressing, but this is inspiring – Palin is back on the road:
- NLRB orders Do-over for Kaiser workers. Just like Dems, when they don’t like the results they change the game.
- I’d love to go if it weren’t so darn expensive.
- I’m getting a facelift, boob job and internal renovations. It’s going to take a year and $27 million dollars.
- Republicans name their Super Fail Committee members.
- Flash Mob: Philadelphia this time and Oprah is involved.
- Another Mob: This time SEIU thugs and MoveOn.org freaks trying to kick in the door at Boehner’s Ohio office.
- Slutwalk deconstructed by Zombietime. Be prepared, bring eye bleach. Not to make light of their ’cause’, but this slut walk crap reminds me of this scene from PCU. Ok yeah, I just did make light of it. Meh.
- GOP debate tonight.
- Take a deep breath, this is the epitome of liberal idiocy: Petition to have Bert and Ernie get married. Yes, the Sesame Street characters. Filed under: PC gone amok.
- More liberal sickness – “Twin reduction”: Our pro-death, vanity abortion culture in a nutshell
The London Riots:
- Breakdown of the 5th day of violence; MUCH quieter thankfully, with Eltham being the center of trouble.
- Looters being sentenced include a teaching assistant.
- Other rioters were grammar school kids.
- Two of them were twins who told mom they were headed ‘to the gym’.
- Police got the upper hand and began raiding homes of suspected looters before new violence could break out on Night 5.
- There was no time wasted in trying to pin some blame on ‘right wing extremists‘ again. The EDL is very unpopular with the police since they often do their jobs for them when it comes to muslims in the UK. It looks like they were once again doing the job the police weren’t eh?
- BBC pulled this video:
- Update on the 3 men killed in Birmingham. Father of one of the young men killed insists this was NOT racially motivated.
- The video that went viral of a young man bleeding and being mugged by ‘good Samaritans’ is that of Mohammed Ashraf Haziq.
- The woman who was photographed jumping from a burning building is revealed.
- Coulter: The Sun never sets on the British Welfare system.
- Islamists urge rioters to topple UK government.
Obama Hates America:
The ROPAT mayhem and murder roundup:
- ROPAT = The Religion Of Peace And Tolerance…and a growing stack of bodies.
- Rick Perry is cozy with muslims? That would kill him as a candidate for me.
- Dearborn: Video – ‘Christian church bells cannot ring here.’ I told you Dearborn is ground zero.
- White House: Obama remembers the muslim victims from 9/11 at his Ramadan dinner. The president says that in the U.S., in his words, “there’s no them and us — it’s just us.” Which ‘us’ do you mean by that , Barry? That’s a loaded statement if ever I saw one.
- WI Beatings: “The police department issued a statement with details of arrests, saying ‘None of these incidents possessed elements that would compel the pursuance of a ‘hate crime’ prosecution.” Err wait, what? A crowd of black guys beat only white people leaving the fair there and it’s not a hate crime?
- Arrested and Swabbed: DNA Tests challenged.
- ‘Mercy Killing’ Defense being employed in case where woman murdered her 8 year old son to ‘save him from sexual abuse’ at the hands of his biological father, of whom he rarely ever saw. From what I read, this lady’s a nut and her son was likely autistic. This is another example of political correctness, people. The woman murdered her 8 year-old. You kill someone on purpose – that’s murder. A mercy killing is something you do when you hit a deer with your car and shoot it to put the animal out of its misery. That boy was no animal, but his mother was.
- WI recalls: I previously stated in TML this week and linked to a story claiming 14 million was spent which = 7 million a win. Well, it was 30 million spent. So, 15 million a win. FAIL.
- This is the most ridiculous thing I’ve read like this in a while, save Disney trying to copyright Seal Team 6. Good thing my blog isn’t called ‘Liberty Olympics’. Wonder if they’ve gone after the ‘Special Olympics’ too.
Your morning laugh, or cry, depending on how you see it:
Resist We Much. Some of the story behind Resist We Much.
This entry was posted in The Links
and tagged day of rage
, Flash Mobs
, Iowa Debate
, london riots
, Obama uses seal deaths for photo of day
, Resist We Much
, the morning links
. Bookmark the permalink