These are the Morning Links for August 10, 2011
The Lady’s Picks:
- Super-Committee: Reid appoints John Kerry, Patty Murray, and Max Baucus to Super Committee. This is sure to be a super FAIL.
- Rep. Dennis Kucinich (Dingbat-Ohio) is demanding detailed financials from Standard & Poor’s parent company, accusing the firm of having an “inherent conflict of interest” in its decision to downgrade the nation’s credit rating. Related: Michael Moore demands arrest of head of S&P. Yeah, well I demand Michael Moore wear a gag, how do ya like them apples?
- McRino not sorry about Hobbit remark.
- Al Sharpton attempts to use a teleprompter. Hilarity ensues.
- Instapundit has two links you should check out. Apparently the majority of Americans feel neither Barry nor their Representatives deserve re-election.
- Palin knocks it out of the park. Again.
- DOW closes up 400+ points after Fed announces it will keep interest rates near zero for a couple years. Krauthammer: ‘That Late day rally started after Obama announced he was not going to give a speech.’ Didn’t stop the Dollar from falling the most it has in 40 years versus the Swiss Franc.
- New Pawlenty Ad.
- The Return of Christine O’Donnell.
The London Riots:
- IPCC: “Rachel Cerfontyne, from the Independent Police Complaints Commission, has confirmed there was no evidence that Mr Duggan fired at officers before he was shot in the chest.” Uh oh.
- Day 4 – Riots continue – Cameron approves Water Cannons.
- 3 killed fending off rioters in Birmingham.
- Breakdown by Area of Day 4.
- Video: Birmingham unrest.
- Video: Manchester riots.
- Video: Clapham residents begin clean up.
- Video: Residents, Shopkeepers fight back.
- London rioter: “We’re just showing the rich people that we can do what we want” In a nutshell, Liberals. Human garbage. Using the shooting to trash people’s lives because ‘they can’. This is what decades of entitlements bear.
- Chaos in the UK Continues.
- Telegraph: If the police aren’t able to defend people and property, what exactly are they for?
- London Rioters claim Prejudice and Poverty. Really? Free healthcare, free school, free welfare (the dole) and they claim poverty and prejudice? GROW UP.
- One sign says it all.
- #LondonRiot Tweets
- London’s Burning. Citizens are raiding Amazon for baseball bats. Good for them.
- Out of their Depth: “The way we police in Britain is by consent of the communities.” Right..and what if the communities are burned to the ground while you stand around with your thumb up your behind?
- LA Riots & London Riots: Blast from Obama’s past
- Media not reporting race/ethnicity of rioters in hardest hit areas.
Obama Hates America:
- Impeaching President Barack Obama “needs to happen,” Rep. Michael Burgess (R-Texas) told a local tea party group, the Fort Worth Star-Telegram reported Tuesday.
- Cornell Study: Obamacare has $66 Billion in hidden subsidies. Related: 83% of grants awarded to local health centers went to states that supported Obama in 2008.
- White House cleanses Israel from its website. Maybe this is why.
- Obama loses 3 points overnight. Tied with all time low.
- London Riots lesson for America and Obama: Class warfare has its consequences.
- Coming soon: The Obama approved OBL Movie. I’ll be sure to skip it.
- Obama blew off another presser and announcement of new strangling regulations on automobiles Tuesday to go view the bodies of the Seal team killed in Afghanistan. He barred media from attending it. If I see pictures of him looking all solemn and comforting families after that fact, I will likely vomit. Not kidding either.
- Hey Kids, it’s socialism! Videos at Hot Air: ‘Future taxpayers of America demand gigantic welfare state.’ Watch them both. The second one is the mother load of irony.
- I loved this one: New Tester.
The ROPAT mayhem and murder roundup:
- ROPAT = The Religion Of Peace And Tolerance…and a growing stack of bodies.
- Robert Spencer takes Scott Shane of the NY Slimes to task in an email exchange. If you haven’t picked up Spencer’s books yet, I hope this exchange has inspired you to do so and you can start here.
- PA: A 22-year-old Pennsylvania man pleaded guilty Tuesday in Pittsburgh to soliciting people to engage in acts of terrorism.
- NJ: First Christie installs a Muslim in the courts, now Islamic Billboards.
- UK: Child sex abuse victim forced to read accounting of what happened to them in court. Judge was furious.
- Required reading: The Totality of Sharia.
- UK: Guardian omits reporting race/ethnicity of rioters, but still mentions Jews.
- Palestine: Families of suicide bombers get $5 million in cash from UK.
- WI recalls: What did $14 Million buy Big labor and Dems? Two wins out of six. Republicans retain the Senate. Not enough to take back control and they have two flee baggers up for recall election next week, which could erase those two wins. Michelle Malkin has the WI Recall Election list here. Legal Insurrection is also following it here. Results are posted here.
- Congressional probe over Net Neutrality.
- Blago’s Folly: ‘Unused’ money gets swept into Illinois coffers – including the charity marked money donated on tax returns there.
- Jeffs gets life in prison. How long a life that will be once the inmates get to him remains to be seen. Disgusting sack of evil that man is.
Your Morning Laugh and/or cry depending on how you see it:
Beans, beans…the musical Fruit:
You must be logged in to post a comment.