As a follow-up to my piece last week on Obama coming to North Carolina. He came to re-visit Cree Inc. in order to pat himself on the back and to applaud them for their projected addition of 275 jobs, I’d like to draw attention to a few facts that he and the MSM might have missed :
- NC has 435,358 people out of work in May. NC paid $291.7 million in Unemployment Insurance benefits (all programs) to claimants in April.
- NC has an unemployment rate stuck at 9.7%. The National Unemployment Rate was 9.1% in May.
- NC lost 7,400 jobs in May.
- NC Government has lost 32,500 jobs in the last year – most federal related.
- There were 83 businesses who closed up shop and 21 businesses reporting layoffs. Of those 83 closings, 4 were Schools and of the 21 layoffs there were 11 that were Schools.