Best Early Morning News Links
The Latest from The Lady
- #Scandalpalooza: Holder OK’d The Warrant For FOX Reporter’s Emails
- Obama’s Yemen Problem
- I Am Your Worst Nightmare
- When Liberals On Twitter Attack
- Sen. Kay Hagan (D-odge, NC)
- Ricin Letters Update: Dutschke Evaded the FBI
- NCGA House Passes Bill Banning Foreign Law
- #IRS Scandal: Obama Admin Knew In 2012; Possible Catalyst Letter In 2010
- DOJ Refuses Asylum to German Family Persecuted For Homeschooling
- NC Dem Meltdown Update: Now In Costume
Past Musings from The Lady
Tag Archives: Wake County
As noted previously, the Wake County School board is noted for its drama. The latest installment includes bypassing the County Board of Commissioners on the issue of school building. Is the board hoping they are going to get a different answer from a body that isn’t in charge of such matters? Apparently.
Raleigh, N.C. — Members of the Wake County Board of Education appealed to state lawmakers Monday to keep them in control of area school buildings.
The Wake County Board of Commissioners has asked the General Assembly to transfer control of the school buildings and land to them from the school board. The commissioners maintain that they would be more fiscally responsible in operating the assets and that the shift would allow the school board to concentrate on policy and curriculum.
There is video at the link of School Board head, Keith Sutton. The board is calling this a ‘partisan power grab’, which is ironic since the school board’s ousting of Tony Tata was very obviously partisan.
Mr. Sutton? School Board?Did this little show of going over the head of the Commissioners help you to find a solution?
An Answer: No. If anything, it likely entrenched the Board of Commissioners and reiterated their point that the school board lacks the ability to do even the most basic job without turning it into a media show. They lack leadership and it is by their own doing. Continue reading