Sign the Petition. Tell Gov. McCrory To Stop Common Core
Hit The Lady’s Tip Jar!
The Latest from The Lady
- Consolidation of Ed Data Continues With McCrory Proposal To Move DNPE
- Parents, Have You Read #SB346?
- Invasive Student Health Assessment Bill Already In #NCGA Senate
- “Great Leaders” Bill Is Just BEST NC’s “Vision”.
- NC Joins States Filing ‘Convention of States’ Bills
- Will Local Media Finally Report On Who The CCSSO President Is?
- Guest Post: NC education’s March Madness: A 3-Ring Hypocrisy Circus
- Military Leaders, Mission Readiness Is Back Pushing Common Core
- News and Observer Shills For BEST NC
- #DM7 Article: Laws Are For The Little People At State Dept.
Past Musings from The Lady
Tag Archives: Wake County School Board
The Wake Dems are saying it is “Un-American” to make sure a county as large and continually growing as Wake County has adequate representation on the board who holds the purse strings. Is that right, Wake Dems? Increasing representation is “Un-American” Continue reading
In case you missed it, Wake County Public Schools is considering banning selfies and videos taken by students during the school day.
The Daily Haymaker has a good run down. Go read it.
Daily Haymaker’s article stopped short of addressing the hypocritical and big brotherly comments made by Wake School Board member, Jim Martin.
KEEP READING…. Continue reading
Two blips for the radar for parents and taxpayers in Wake County this week.
1. The Wake County School Board has rejected any changes to their controversial reassignment plan, despite very vocal opposition from residents and parents. More at News and Observer Ed section. Money quote:
“I’m having problems forcing this change,” said school board member Susan Evans.
Yeah, sure she is. Flashback to September, 2014:
KEEP READING – HIT THE TIP JAR! Continue reading
In the name of making sure your kid succeeds, Wake County School Board member Zora Felton wants to include your kid’s religion into the mix as part of the costly Wake County Strategic plan.
KEEP READING… SEE WHAT SCHOOL BOARD MEMBER, ZORA FELTON, SAID… Continue reading
Wake County’s School Board has hired a new Principal for Panther Creek, Camille Hedrick, at a salary of $131,556.
The Board also hired three others:
Fay Jones – $84,341 (Carpenter Elementary School)
Elena Ashburn – $66,078 (East Garner Middle School)
Kendra Culberson – $86,028 (Herbert Akins Elementary School)
Read more at Cary News.
The Wake School board has been complaining about their recent budget problems. Yet they’ve got an “Office of Equity Affairs” with a budget of $204,846 and is headed up by David Trice who’s getting paid $125k. Then there’s the “Strategic Plan” which has cost taxpayers to date over $58k. Small wonder there are budget issues in Wake County Schools — administrative bloat has been a factor for years now and shows no signs of stemming.
“non-teaching staff in American public schools has soared by 130 percent, vastly outpacing the growth in teachers” http://t.co/obHY9EPCXc
— LL1885 – A.P. Dillon (@LadyLiberty1885) August 14, 2014
KEEP READING Continue reading