Sign the Petition. Tell Gov. McCrory To Stop Common Core
Hit The Lady’s Tip Jar!
The Latest from The Lady
- The Common Core Weekend Reads – 12-21-14
- Another Controversial Lesson Used In Support of Common Core
- #SB812 And The Common Core Commission’s Task
- Sen. Tillman Presses Common Core Commission On Their Task
- My Letter To The NC Common Core Commission
- Orange County Schools Gives Burns $300k Contract
- Wake Board of Ed Public Comments Choreographed by Wake NCAE
- Durham Police Action Report: Protesters Assaulted Police, Tried to Set Fire
- At Wake School Board Meeting, Sutton Compares Himself To Eric Garner (Video)
- Fitzsimon Beclowns Himself On #NCSPIN Over #APUSH
Past Musings from The Lady
Tag Archives: Wake County School Board
In case you missed it, Wake County Public Schools is considering banning selfies and videos taken by students during the school day.
The Daily Haymaker has a good run down. Go read it.
Daily Haymaker’s article stopped short of addressing the hypocritical and big brotherly comments made by Wake School Board member, Jim Martin.
KEEP READING…. Continue reading
Two blips for the radar for parents and taxpayers in Wake County this week.
1. The Wake County School Board has rejected any changes to their controversial reassignment plan, despite very vocal opposition from residents and parents. More at News and Observer Ed section. Money quote:
“I’m having problems forcing this change,” said school board member Susan Evans.
Yeah, sure she is. Flashback to September, 2014:
KEEP READING – HIT THE TIP JAR! Continue reading
In the name of making sure your kid succeeds, Wake County School Board member Zora Felton wants to include your kid’s religion into the mix as part of the costly Wake County Strategic plan.
KEEP READING… SEE WHAT SCHOOL BOARD MEMBER, ZORA FELTON, SAID… Continue reading
Wake County’s School Board has hired a new Principal for Panther Creek, Camille Hedrick, at a salary of $131,556.
The Board also hired three others:
Fay Jones – $84,341 (Carpenter Elementary School)
Elena Ashburn – $66,078 (East Garner Middle School)
Kendra Culberson – $86,028 (Herbert Akins Elementary School)
Read more at Cary News.
The Wake School board has been complaining about their recent budget problems. Yet they’ve got an “Office of Equity Affairs” with a budget of $204,846 and is headed up by David Trice who’s getting paid $125k. Then there’s the “Strategic Plan” which has cost taxpayers to date over $58k. Small wonder there are budget issues in Wake County Schools — administrative bloat has been a factor for years now and shows no signs of stemming.
“non-teaching staff in American public schools has soared by 130 percent, vastly outpacing the growth in teachers” http://t.co/obHY9EPCXc
— LL1885 – A.P. Dillon (@LadyLiberty1885) August 14, 2014
KEEP READING Continue reading