Sign the Petition. Tell Gov. McCrory To Stop Common Core
Hit The Lady’s Tip Jar!
The Latest from The Lady
- #DM7 Article: The Smarter Balanced Connections
- About That ‘Twitter Debate Study’ WaPo And Twitchy Cite
- Video: Parents In FL Shut Down When They Criticize Curriculum
- REMINDER: Public Comment Deadline on APUSH is Feb. 28
- Rep. Foxx Is Dead Wrong on H.R. 5 (Update: So Is The Blaze)
- Common Core Supporters Come Full Circle on ‘Politicizing’ Talking Point
- Sen. Tillman Was For Vouchers Before He Was Against Them?
- SAS’s “Wake Ed Partnership” Rebrands (UPDATED)
- Times News: ABSS superintendent among state’s highest paid
- Pearson Is Everywhere: Digging ‘Free’ Community College
Past Musings from The Lady
Tag Archives: Wake County School Board
In case you missed it, Wake County Public Schools is considering banning selfies and videos taken by students during the school day.
The Daily Haymaker has a good run down. Go read it.
Daily Haymaker’s article stopped short of addressing the hypocritical and big brotherly comments made by Wake School Board member, Jim Martin.
KEEP READING…. Continue reading
Two blips for the radar for parents and taxpayers in Wake County this week.
1. The Wake County School Board has rejected any changes to their controversial reassignment plan, despite very vocal opposition from residents and parents. More at News and Observer Ed section. Money quote:
“I’m having problems forcing this change,” said school board member Susan Evans.
Yeah, sure she is. Flashback to September, 2014:
KEEP READING – HIT THE TIP JAR! Continue reading
In the name of making sure your kid succeeds, Wake County School Board member Zora Felton wants to include your kid’s religion into the mix as part of the costly Wake County Strategic plan.
KEEP READING… SEE WHAT SCHOOL BOARD MEMBER, ZORA FELTON, SAID… Continue reading
Wake County’s School Board has hired a new Principal for Panther Creek, Camille Hedrick, at a salary of $131,556.
The Board also hired three others:
Fay Jones – $84,341 (Carpenter Elementary School)
Elena Ashburn – $66,078 (East Garner Middle School)
Kendra Culberson – $86,028 (Herbert Akins Elementary School)
Read more at Cary News.
The Wake School board has been complaining about their recent budget problems. Yet they’ve got an “Office of Equity Affairs” with a budget of $204,846 and is headed up by David Trice who’s getting paid $125k. Then there’s the “Strategic Plan” which has cost taxpayers to date over $58k. Small wonder there are budget issues in Wake County Schools — administrative bloat has been a factor for years now and shows no signs of stemming.
“non-teaching staff in American public schools has soared by 130 percent, vastly outpacing the growth in teachers” http://t.co/obHY9EPCXc
— LL1885 – A.P. Dillon (@LadyLiberty1885) August 14, 2014
KEEP READING Continue reading