Sign the Petition. Tell Gov. McCrory To Stop Common Core
Hit The Lady’s Tip Jar!
The Latest from The Lady
- #DM7 Article: What does your higher education dollar buy these days?
- #NCGA Bill Would Change Legislator Terms, Elections
- The Common Core Weekend Reads – 3-29-15
- GUEST POST: Phoolish Pharma Phunded Phaux Health Crisis Leads to Phascism
- How Does Rep. Craig Horn Define Proficiency and Rigor?
- Pearson Is Everywhere: Who Writes These Tests, Anyhow?
- #NCGA Bill Proposing Sales Tax Changes Sounds Like Obama’s “Fair Share”
- #SB480 Would Block Politicking In Schools. NCAE and Progress NC’s ‘AimHigher’ Hardest Hit?
- Alamance Elections Board Sued Over Handling of Public Records Requests
- Consolidation of Ed Data Continues With McCrory Proposal To Move DNPE
Past Musings from The Lady
Tag Archives: Sandra Stotsky
Local media reported that testimony given by former Common Core Validation committee members before the NC Common Core Academic Standards Review Commission indicated that a ‘total rewrite’ was necessary.
As I noted earlier this week, that’s not quite what was said — you can’t simply ‘re-write’ the Common Core. To reinforce what was actually said, I’ve put together a clip from video taken at the meeting.
KEEP READING… SEE THE VIDEO CLIP Continue reading
The March meeting of the NC Common Core Academic Standards Review Commission was held yesterday in Raleigh.
A big thank you to Major Dave for shooting video of the sessions and presenters. This is a huge service he has performed for the NC public.
KEEP READING…. SEE THE VIDEOS Continue reading
These are the Common Core Weekend Reads for March 15, 2015.
This is a review of the past week of news on Common Core nationwide and in North Carolina.
Articles are organized by category.
Prior Edition of Weekend Reads: 03-08-15
KEEP READING — COMPLY, CITIZEN! PEARSON IS WATCHING. Continue reading
After six months of meetings, the NC Common Core Academic Standards Review Commission (ASRC) is finally going to hear from some experts on the opposition side.
Via Press release from the Common Core ASRC this morning, Dr. Sandra Stotsky and Dr. James Milgram will be testifying at the March 16th meeting.
Also coming is Kevin Perks, from WestEd. I have detailed information on Mr. Perks and WestEd following the press release below.
KEEP READING…. Continue reading
This morning, I spotted the news that Facebook was blocking a specific article by Sandra Stotsky. The article is up on Breitbart.com and appears to be blocked based on it’s content by Facebook. I was able to post a different story to Facebook from Breitbart with NO problem.
Gee, that would mean that a group of folks reported the link as dangerous and Facebook locked it down. Yes, I concur with the title of Missouri Education Watchdog’s article on this turn of events: We must be winning if this is what proponents are resorting to.
Missouri Education Watchdog sounded off:
See this notice? Plans to eliminate common core and adopt common core standards are detected to be “unsafe” by Facebook security standards.
Dr. Sandra Stotsky refused to sign off on the ELA Common Core Standards. She published a plan (in Breitbart) for school districts to stop CCSS implementation in their districts. When folks tried to share it on Facebook, the above notice appeared.
Here is the plan published in Local School Districts Should Eliminate Common Core and Adopt Stronger Standards:
To my readers, here is your mission: FIGHT BACK.
1. Attempt to post this link to your page: http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/05/25/Local-School-Districts-Should-Eliminate-Common-Core-And-Adopt-Stronger-Standards
2. The pop-up you see in the MO Ed Watchdog article will come up.
3. Click the link at the bottom that says “let us know”.
4. Give Facebook a piece of your mind. Continue reading