Sign the Petition. Tell Gov. McCrory To Stop Common Core
Hit The Lady’s Tip Jar!
The Latest from The Lady
- The Infamous “10,000” Comments On Common Core
- A Look At The #NC23 Senate Race
- Unanswered Questions On Those “10,000 Comments”
- Common Core Aligned: “Common Core Quest” App
- The Impending Hagan-Clinton Photo-Op
- Unanswered Questions On NC’s Common Core SBAC Field Test
- The Cabarrus Commissioner And The Library Suspensions
- Sandy Hook Commission Wants Homeschools Monitored
- Common Core Aligned: Gates Foundation Grants Funding Apps, Tools
- It’s Come To This: Multicultural Crayons
Past Musings from The Lady
Tag Archives: Sandra Stotsky
This morning, I spotted the news that Facebook was blocking a specific article by Sandra Stotsky. The article is up on Breitbart.com and appears to be blocked based on it’s content by Facebook. I was able to post a different story to Facebook from Breitbart with NO problem.
Gee, that would mean that a group of folks reported the link as dangerous and Facebook locked it down. Yes, I concur with the title of Missouri Education Watchdog’s article on this turn of events: We must be winning if this is what proponents are resorting to.
Missouri Education Watchdog sounded off:
See this notice? Plans to eliminate common core and adopt common core standards are detected to be “unsafe” by Facebook security standards.
Dr. Sandra Stotsky refused to sign off on the ELA Common Core Standards. She published a plan (in Breitbart) for school districts to stop CCSS implementation in their districts. When folks tried to share it on Facebook, the above notice appeared.
Here is the plan published in Local School Districts Should Eliminate Common Core and Adopt Stronger Standards:
To my readers, here is your mission: FIGHT BACK.
1. Attempt to post this link to your page: http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/05/25/Local-School-Districts-Should-Eliminate-Common-Core-And-Adopt-Stronger-Standards
2. The pop-up you see in the MO Ed Watchdog article will come up.
3. Click the link at the bottom that says “let us know”.
4. Give Facebook a piece of your mind. Continue reading