Sign the Petition. Tell Gov. McCrory To Stop Common Core
Hit The Lady’s Tip Jar!
The Latest from The Lady
- Consolidation of Ed Data Continues With McCrory Proposal To Move DNPE
- Parents, Have You Read #SB346?
- Invasive Student Health Assessment Bill Already In #NCGA Senate
- “Great Leaders” Bill Is Just BEST NC’s “Vision”.
- NC Joins States Filing ‘Convention of States’ Bills
- Will Local Media Finally Report On Who The CCSSO President Is?
- Guest Post: NC education’s March Madness: A 3-Ring Hypocrisy Circus
- Military Leaders, Mission Readiness Is Back Pushing Common Core
- News and Observer Shills For BEST NC
- #DM7 Article: Laws Are For The Little People At State Dept.
Past Musings from The Lady
Tag Archives: ReVolt
Another #Green Fail. More of our money down Obama’s Sustainable toilet.
From Sustainable Business Oregon:
The parent company of a taxpayer-backer battery technology company has filed bankruptcy in a Norwegian court.
Portland-based ReVolt Technology, whose parent company is in Norway, said last month it would file bankruptcy because it had been unable to raise new capital or find a buyer.
The company had been developing a zinc-air battery technology that it said could deliver twice the energy of conventional rechargeable battery technologies, such as lithium-ion.
The Business Journal has been unable to reach ReVolt company officials.
Before it abruptly closed its doors, ReVolt received several taxpayer subsidies:
$5 million from a federal grant program.
$3.4 million from the state of Oregon’s Small Scale Energy Loan Program.
$1.15 million from a Portland Development Commission loan program
$500,000 from the governor’s Strategic Reserve Fund.
A copy of the company’s bankruptcy filing was not immediately available.
So they received over $10 million and still went bust. Continue reading