Sign the Petition. Tell Gov. McCrory To Stop Common Core
Hit The Lady’s Tip Jar!
The Latest from The Lady
- About That ‘Twitter Debate Study’ WaPo And Twitchy Cite
- Video: Parents In FL Shut Down When They Criticize Curriculum
- REMINDER: Public Comment Deadline on APUSH is Feb. 28
- Rep. Foxx Is Dead Wrong on H.R. 5 (Update: So Is The Blaze)
- Common Core Supporters Come Full Circle on ‘Politicizing’ Talking Point
- Sen. Tillman Was For Vouchers Before He Was Against Them?
- SAS’s “Wake Ed Partnership” Rebrands (UPDATED)
- Times News: ABSS superintendent among state’s highest paid
- Pearson Is Everywhere: Digging ‘Free’ Community College
- North Carolina’s SBAC ‘Status’ Change
Past Musings from The Lady
Tag Archives: ReVolt
Another #Green Fail. More of our money down Obama’s Sustainable toilet.
From Sustainable Business Oregon:
The parent company of a taxpayer-backer battery technology company has filed bankruptcy in a Norwegian court.
Portland-based ReVolt Technology, whose parent company is in Norway, said last month it would file bankruptcy because it had been unable to raise new capital or find a buyer.
The company had been developing a zinc-air battery technology that it said could deliver twice the energy of conventional rechargeable battery technologies, such as lithium-ion.
The Business Journal has been unable to reach ReVolt company officials.
Before it abruptly closed its doors, ReVolt received several taxpayer subsidies:
$5 million from a federal grant program.
$3.4 million from the state of Oregon’s Small Scale Energy Loan Program.
$1.15 million from a Portland Development Commission loan program
$500,000 from the governor’s Strategic Reserve Fund.
A copy of the company’s bankruptcy filing was not immediately available.
So they received over $10 million and still went bust. Continue reading