Sign the Petition. Tell Gov. McCrory To Stop Common Core
Hit The Lady’s Tip Jar!
The Latest from The Lady
- Hillary Clinton’s Positions on Education in 2008 vs 2015 (video)
- State-Led Myth Nuked By Duncan Himself: Opt Out and Fed Will Have To ‘Step In’.
- The Common Core Weekend Reads – 4-25-15
- Dear @TheBlaze and @GlennBeck, I Have a Scott Walker Question for You
- There are 203 Education Related Bills At The #NCGA (Updated)
- #WCPSS Proposed Budget: $1.4 Billion… Yes, Billion with a B.
- #NCed Legislative Update – 4-21/15
- Pearson Is Everywhere: Over 175k Opt Out of Pearson PARCC in NY
- Parents, Are You Watching Data Collection Expansion Bills #HB401 and #HB767?
- Gee, A Little Heavy Handed With the Common Core Love @EducationNC?
Past Musings from The Lady
Tag Archives: ReVolt
Another #Green Fail. More of our money down Obama’s Sustainable toilet.
From Sustainable Business Oregon:
The parent company of a taxpayer-backer battery technology company has filed bankruptcy in a Norwegian court.
Portland-based ReVolt Technology, whose parent company is in Norway, said last month it would file bankruptcy because it had been unable to raise new capital or find a buyer.
The company had been developing a zinc-air battery technology that it said could deliver twice the energy of conventional rechargeable battery technologies, such as lithium-ion.
The Business Journal has been unable to reach ReVolt company officials.
Before it abruptly closed its doors, ReVolt received several taxpayer subsidies:
$5 million from a federal grant program.
$3.4 million from the state of Oregon’s Small Scale Energy Loan Program.
$1.15 million from a Portland Development Commission loan program
$500,000 from the governor’s Strategic Reserve Fund.
A copy of the company’s bankruptcy filing was not immediately available.
So they received over $10 million and still went bust. Continue reading