Sign the Petition. Tell Gov. McCrory To Stop Common Core
Hit The Lady’s Tip Jar!
The Latest from The Lady
- You Know It’s Election Season When Campaign Signs Are Swiped
- 10-20-14 NC Common Core Commission Meeting
- Planned Parenthood, Blueprint NC Partner Send Out Pricey Fliers To Teen Males
- Progress NC’s “AIM HIGHER” Using Emails To Push Candidates
- News and Observer Leaves Out Arrest Record of Candidate
- #DM7 Article: #NCSEN: Hagan Investments Ships Jobs Overseas
- NC Governor’s Common Core Commission Pick Swings and Wiffs
- Wake Cty Sheriff Race Brings In Social Justice Rhetoric
- 10,000 Comments: More NC Public Overall ELA Feedback, Grade 6 and Up
- This Is How Moral Monday Is Trying To Stay Relevant
Past Musings from The Lady
Tag Archives: ReVolt
Another #Green Fail. More of our money down Obama’s Sustainable toilet.
From Sustainable Business Oregon:
The parent company of a taxpayer-backer battery technology company has filed bankruptcy in a Norwegian court.
Portland-based ReVolt Technology, whose parent company is in Norway, said last month it would file bankruptcy because it had been unable to raise new capital or find a buyer.
The company had been developing a zinc-air battery technology that it said could deliver twice the energy of conventional rechargeable battery technologies, such as lithium-ion.
The Business Journal has been unable to reach ReVolt company officials.
Before it abruptly closed its doors, ReVolt received several taxpayer subsidies:
$5 million from a federal grant program.
$3.4 million from the state of Oregon’s Small Scale Energy Loan Program.
$1.15 million from a Portland Development Commission loan program
$500,000 from the governor’s Strategic Reserve Fund.
A copy of the company’s bankruptcy filing was not immediately available.
So they received over $10 million and still went bust. Continue reading