Sign the Petition. Tell Gov. McCrory To Stop Common Core
Hit The Lady’s Tip Jar!
The Latest from The Lady
- #DM7 Article: There’s A Lot Of Weapons Grade Stupid Out There
- Jeb Bush Wants Opposition to Can It, Be More Like China.
- See What ‘Just standards’ Looks Like for A Second Grader
- So, Who Showed Up To Excellence In Ed’s Annual Event?
- The Money For The Academic Standards Review Commission
- Video: Common Core Math ‘Strategies’ Versus An 8 YO
- Modesto Teachers Protest Common Core (Video)
- Gov. McCrory: Commissions For Me, But Not For Thee
- NC Common Core Commission Mtg – 11-17-14
- CCSSO President/NC Superintendent Elect To Become Longest Serving Educrat
Past Musings from The Lady
Tag Archives: ReVolt
Another #Green Fail. More of our money down Obama’s Sustainable toilet.
From Sustainable Business Oregon:
The parent company of a taxpayer-backer battery technology company has filed bankruptcy in a Norwegian court.
Portland-based ReVolt Technology, whose parent company is in Norway, said last month it would file bankruptcy because it had been unable to raise new capital or find a buyer.
The company had been developing a zinc-air battery technology that it said could deliver twice the energy of conventional rechargeable battery technologies, such as lithium-ion.
The Business Journal has been unable to reach ReVolt company officials.
Before it abruptly closed its doors, ReVolt received several taxpayer subsidies:
$5 million from a federal grant program.
$3.4 million from the state of Oregon’s Small Scale Energy Loan Program.
$1.15 million from a Portland Development Commission loan program
$500,000 from the governor’s Strategic Reserve Fund.
A copy of the company’s bankruptcy filing was not immediately available.
So they received over $10 million and still went bust. Continue reading