Sign the Petition. Tell Gov. McCrory To Stop Common Core
The Latest from The Lady
- Charlotte Observer Associate Editor Takes Pot Shots At McCrory
- “The event is for Chamber of Commerce members only”
- It’s Bad, Bad Common Core
- Tennessean Author’s Chuckle-worthy Defense of Common Core
- Indiana Dept. Of Ed Survey For Migrant Students Using Federal Funding
- Opportunity Scholarships Allowed Ahead Of Future Ruling
- Market Analysis Confirms Common Core Is A Cash Cow
- NC Budget Deal, Occupy Monday and Hagan
- Common Core Architect Coleman’s Apoloattack
- Advancing NH’s Public Education And Dishonesty
Past Musings from The Lady
Tag Archives: ReVolt
Another #Green Fail. More of our money down Obama’s Sustainable toilet.
From Sustainable Business Oregon:
The parent company of a taxpayer-backer battery technology company has filed bankruptcy in a Norwegian court.
Portland-based ReVolt Technology, whose parent company is in Norway, said last month it would file bankruptcy because it had been unable to raise new capital or find a buyer.
The company had been developing a zinc-air battery technology that it said could deliver twice the energy of conventional rechargeable battery technologies, such as lithium-ion.
The Business Journal has been unable to reach ReVolt company officials.
Before it abruptly closed its doors, ReVolt received several taxpayer subsidies:
$5 million from a federal grant program.
$3.4 million from the state of Oregon’s Small Scale Energy Loan Program.
$1.15 million from a Portland Development Commission loan program
$500,000 from the governor’s Strategic Reserve Fund.
A copy of the company’s bankruptcy filing was not immediately available.
So they received over $10 million and still went bust. Continue reading