Sign the Petition. Tell Gov. McCrory To Stop Common Core
The Latest from The Lady
- Emergency Motion Filed Over Opportunity Scholarships Ruling
- CCSSO President Dances Around NC Superintendent Reelection Question
- New App Helps Consumers Spend “Conservatively”
- Ruling Against Opportunity Scholarships For Low Income Kids To Be Appealed
- Wake School Board Hires New Principal For Cary School At $131,556
- About Those Bus Route Changes… “Walk Zones”
- Judge Hobgood Rules Against Vouchers For Low-Income And At Risk Kids
- Core Supporters Crying In Their Talking Points As Teacher Support Crumbles
- #ISISMediaBlackOut – propaganda TANGO DOWN
- CCSSO President Elect Atkinson Tips Her Common Core Hand?
Past Musings from The Lady
Tag Archives: Reverend Barber
Reverend Barber is officially the leader of the NC Democrat Party now. The NC Democrats made an official resolution to support Moral Monday rallies. I am sure the few remaining centrists within the NC Dem party are thrilled. The more irrelevant they become, the more irrelevant and extremist they make themselves. I’m reminded of a quote:
“If you think shrinking government and getting it less involved in your life is a hallmark of tyranny it is only because you are either grotesquely ignorant or because you subscribe to a statist ideology that believes the expansion of the state is the expansion of liberty.”
― Jonah Goldberg
Via NC GOP: Continue reading
It’s Monday. Time to Occupy again.
This week it’s about Education. Specifically it looks like they are targeting school choice. Ironically, the same vouchers Occupy Monday are complaining about are specifically for low income students — the very people they claim to be protesting for.
The NC NAACP wasted no time in using kids as props for their flyer. This includes the Defacto Leader of the NC Democrats posing with a child with special needs to promote his agenda: Continue reading
This is a reposting of my weekly DaTechGuy column: Far Left NC Dem Protests Return
By A.P. Dillon
When I began writing here at DaTechGuy, I opened with a series of articles that laid out the landscape of the Left in North Carolina called “A Primer on The Left In NC”. You can read parts two, three and four. One of the main characters in that series is Reverend William Barber of the NC NAACP. He began a series of protests called “Moral Monday”, which in 2013 led to nearly 900 arrests at the NC General Assembly.
The list of complaints by this ‘movement’ are what one might expect — demands for more big government, more spending, more Medicaid, opposing the very popular Voter ID law and a sustained assault on the Republican leadership in the state through a strategy calling for activists to “cripple, eviscerat, pressure and slam” them. Moral Monday desperately wants to emulate the protests in Wisconsin, but to date have yet to do much besides become the punchline to local jokes. Continue reading