Sign the Petition. Tell Gov. McCrory To Stop Common Core
Hit The Lady’s Tip Jar!
The Latest from The Lady
- GUEST POST: Phoolish Pharma Phunded Phaux Health Crisis Leads to Phascism
- How Does Rep. Craig Horn Define Proficiency and Rigor?
- Pearson Is Everywhere: Who Writes These Tests, Anyhow?
- #NCGA Bill Proposing Sales Tax Changes Sounds Like Obama’s “Fair Share”
- #SB480 Would Block Politicking In Schools. NCAE and Progress NC’s ‘AimHigher’ Hardest Hit?
- Alamance Elections Board Sued Over Handling of Public Records Requests
- Consolidation of Ed Data Continues With McCrory Proposal To Move DNPE
- Parents, Have You Read #SB346?
- Invasive Student Health Assessment Bill Already In #NCGA Senate
- “Great Leaders” Bill Is Just BEST NC’s “Vision”.
Past Musings from The Lady
Tag Archives: Pat McCrory
The Governor’s new budget proposes to move the Department of Non-Public Schools under his office’s purview.
All your kids are belong to us, @PatMcCroryNC? #nced #ncgov “Budget proposes moving DNPE into Governor’s Office” http://t.co/28C3DYus5P
— LL1885 – A.P. Dillon (@LadyLiberty1885) March 26, 2015
KEEP READING — THERE’S MORE… Continue reading
A teacher at Forbush High in Yadkin county has been charged with assaulting a handicapped student and obstructing justice. The teacher has been suspended with pay.
Judy Ellison Wilburn, of Pfafftown, was arrested by the Yadkin County Sheriff’s Office on Friday and charged with one misdemeanor count of assault on a handicapped person and one felony count of common law obstruction of justice.
Wilburn may look familiar to some.
KEEP READING… Continue reading
Governor McCrory is clearly getting on the campaign horse as evidenced by this touchy-feely video on education. Near the end of the video, McCrory makes the following statement:
“The biggest piece of feedback that I hear from teachers is, ‘they’re not letting us teach anymore. We’re just giving tests.’. We’re gonna.. we’re gonna end this duplication of testing. Which neither helps the students nor allows the teacher to teach.”
The Opt Out or iRefuse movement is starting in North Carolina. To me, this seems like a move to get out in front of the protests and make it look like a parade instead.
Parents, check out the testing calendar for North Carolina.
I live in Wake County, so here is that calendar. Mind you, I’ve already written about the 95 some-odd assessments and tests given to third graders in our county. See the bottom half of this article for more on those 95 assessments.
So, if testing is allegedly going to be whittled down, then why is North Carolina still a member of the Common Core high stakes testing consortium known as the SBAC?
KEEP READING — THERE’S MORE Continue reading
Is Governor McCrory getting ready for 2016? Yep.
Question is, 2016 nationally or in North Carolina?
Personally, his Common Core support means no support from me this time.
Email I received is below the fold.
KEEP READING … Continue reading
Well, weeks after the first meeting was supposed to have taken place per SB 812, Governor McCrory has finally made his pick. I’ll have a full run-down tomorrow morning on this, but in the meantime here’s the press release: Continue reading