Sign the Petition. Tell Gov. McCrory To Stop Common Core
The Latest from The Lady
- How North Carolina Pushed Back Against Common Core
- Thinking About Joining the PTA? Might Want To See What They Support.
- Surreal Moment: Claude Pope and Clay Aiken At Same Event
- Chamber Watch: Dayton Area Chamber Of Commerce
- CMS Received 200k From Gates For “Strategic Plan”
- Gov McCrory Signs NC Up For “Workforce Academy”
- NC Governor McCrory Unveils Operation Rebrand For Common Core (Video)
- N&O Op-Ed Skips Mention Of “Strategic Plan” Cost
- 2ndVote App Rolls Out Education Issues Topic – Common Core Included
- #DM7 Article: Back To School – At Home and Opting Out
Past Musings from The Lady
Tag Archives: #occupywallstreet
Santa Fe, New Mexico is what some would call the “Jewel of the Southwest” culture. It boasts some of the best art galleries, restaurants, and historical sites dating back some 300 years. However, over the past couple decades its culture changed from historic “Old Town” allure to the more “Aspen like resort” washing itself with a liberal vibe and a massive influx of money that ultimately has changed its landscape. Its highlights are the homes of some of the elite of Hollywood and recently was voted the 5th most Snobby city in the nation, San Fransisco being number one.
The northern city in the “Land of Enchantment” also has another notch it can count on its belt. The posh, southwestern cultural Santa Fe has its own Occupy group. This encampment began out of solidarity with Occupy Wall Street and, as with all the off shoots of the original OWS, Occupy Santa Fe protested big banks, big oil, and big money. Occupy Santa Fe think that Bradley manning is a Hero to the cause, Monsanto will destroy the world and anything with the word Nuclear is evil. Like Occupy Wall Street, they also protested on the raising the minimum wage in the city. Continue reading
I got my copy of Occupy Unmasked in the mail on Friday. I watched it later that night and here are my thoughts.
Some of the conclusions of the film, that Occupy is not done and that violence is on the way along with a following potential race war, remain to be seen. Given what we’ve seen so far and who is running the show behind the scenes, the violence aspect of it is more than plausible. Occupy is a campaign of intimidation through confusion, violence and lawlessness. I guess that is why President Obama has given it his blessing. Continue reading
MAD LIBS Part X My on-going chronicle of links for the #occupy madness going on across the nation. This will likely be my last Mad Libs edition. These Links are copied and pasted both to preserve the source they came … Continue reading