Sign the Petition. Tell Gov. McCrory To Stop Common Core
Hit The Lady’s Tip Jar!
The Latest from The Lady
- GUEST POST: Phoolish Pharma Phunded Phaux Health Crisis Leads to Phascism
- How Does Rep. Craig Horn Define Proficiency and Rigor?
- Pearson Is Everywhere: Who Writes These Tests, Anyhow?
- #NCGA Bill Proposing Sales Tax Changes Sounds Like Obama’s “Fair Share”
- #SB480 Would Block Politicking In Schools. NCAE and Progress NC’s ‘AimHigher’ Hardest Hit?
- Alamance Elections Board Sued Over Handling of Public Records Requests
- Consolidation of Ed Data Continues With McCrory Proposal To Move DNPE
- Parents, Have You Read #SB346?
- Invasive Student Health Assessment Bill Already In #NCGA Senate
- “Great Leaders” Bill Is Just BEST NC’s “Vision”.
Past Musings from The Lady
Tag Archives: Occupy
This is a reposting of my DaTechGuy Article: About That Vegas Shooting Spree
By A.P. Dillon
Another case of Right wingers on a shooting spree. Or not. Continue reading
By Liberty Speaks Albuquerque city leaders will be holding a meeting this evening to discuss city business, bond issues, and pressing matters regarding the Albuquerque Police Department. This meeting should not be making national news, also, it should not be … Continue reading
Quick Take from yesterday I meant to mention, Occupy Oakland held a 2 year anniversary rally. NBC Bay Area:
To mark the day, about 100 protesters rallied around the Marriott Hotel in downtown, where law enforcement agencies across the country were meeting as part of “Urban Shield” training exercises. First responders and police will learn how to react in the wake of a terrorist attack or a natural disaster.
And vendors are expected to market weapons to law enforcement, which is one of the reasons demonstrators are upset.
Protesters say they targeted this spot because they feel police are becoming too “military-like.” They point to Scott Olsen as a flashpoint for the worst that can happen during a civil rights protest. The Iraq War veteran’s skull was fractured during a 2011 Occupy protest with Oakland police when a beanbag was fired into his head.
They feel ‘targeted’? Well, DUH? Given the violence out of Occupy Oakland, that shouldn’t be a shock. In fact Oakland was seen as one of the most violent camps there was and cost the city over $3 million dollars. Oakland even had a murder occur at their camp. The fact they are still using Olsen as the poster boy without displaying the other side of him is not surprising. Mostly Peaceful, right?
Three Mostly Peaceful Occupy Oakland Cretins Charged With Hate Crimes
Occupy Oakland Protesters Arrested For Possessing Homemade Bomb
Occupy Oakland’s “F*ck The Fourth/Police” Frenzy: “Kill Cops” Vandalism Continue reading
Hey, it’s that time of year again! Occupy is getting the band back together for their annual gathering! Last year, it was in Philadelphia. This year it’s in Kalamazoo, Michigan. Gosh, I wonder if they’ll have that fun kids game again — Pin the molotov on the cop car! Continue reading